Friday, October 27

TLM - Reprise

Ahhh, the Phoenix rises from the ashes, thanks to the kindness of Tony, the owner and Super Duper Repair guy of S&R Sewing and Vacuum Center in Decatur. I'd called the Huntsville store (along with every store in a three county radius) this morning, and they'd said he was swamped, but if I dropped it off, he'd try to take a look at it. I said thanks, but explained that there was a little boy who kept poking his head in, asking if he was a pirate yet, and that I'd try another store. I understand that lack of preparation on my part does not constitute an emergency on anyone else's part. Besides, they're having a big Grand Opening sale and they really are swamped.

The phone rang about five minutes later. It was the lady from S&R. Could I get to Decatur by nine? Tony would be there, and he would see what he could do.

Glorioski! Christmas come early! I made everybody throw on clothes and shoes and off we went, in the rain, singing made-up songs about mom's incompetence and Nice Mr. Tony. He looked at it and said he'd have it fixed in an hour. AN HOUR? Oh. How. Cool. So we scouted out a little diner to have breakfast and hide from the rain while we waited. We ate til we thought we'd pop, then slogged back through the rain to pick up our little serger. All fixed and shiny and happy. And even better, a little square of Ghirardelli Dark chocolate tucked under the presser foot. (I think I'm in love!)

The sparkly woman-bling shirt is now a fairly piratey looking vest. The white shirt has been laced. The boots have their wee pirate spats (for lack of a better term). Just have to alter the britches a bit and do a little detail work. And best of all?

It's only 1:30!!

This means we are not going to have to arrive at the party with John dressed as a leaf bag! He's so excited.

Yay!!

Dy

8 comments:

mere said...

Yay! I want you on my team! You go girl!

mere

Brandie said...

Yeah for Tony!!! =) Glad to hear that the machine has been fixed and a pirate costume is completed!

Melora said...

Hooray!!! Go Tony! Go you! I hope your little pirate and the rest have a marvelous time!

melissa said...

WOW! You are amazing! I mean that. I am impressed. I want happy lil' John's face plastered on your blog in all his pirating glory! Way to go Mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippeee! Madeline and I finished the ghost costume, but I still have a LOT of work ahead of me. I have to put three or four dabs of glue on a thrift store scarf to finish off John's Mystery Costume.

I'm saving my energy for Christmas. :)

Amber said...

Woo hoo! That sounds great, I'm so glad everything worked out. I think I hear a big collective sigh of relief from everyone! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it worked out! Good job, Tony.

Bob and Claire said...

Wonderful news! Tony sounds like a great guy! Take lots of pictures--although I'm sure you'll never forget this eventful Halloween, the rest of us want to see pictures! : )