Friday, August 26

Three Little Fishes

...and they swam, and they swam, all over the dam!

Another great day today, playing, swimming, crafting. John made me a nursing bead necklace for the baby to play with, and every morning he makes sure I've got it on. Nice summer accessorizing!

We think Smidge has officially been promoted to Boy. His vocabulary has begun to... well, it's begun, which is huge. He's more aware of and involved in the daily process of being boys and all that goes with it. But also, the boys have completely taken him into the Big Boy circle. This means he's a part of the gang now, gets a say in what they do; there's an equality in it all. It's neat to see. Of course, while they're still beautifully protective of him, they don't cut him nearly as much slack as they did before, either. That part, he's not so thrilled about, but the rest drips with the sweet nectar of success. It's cute.

Zorak watched the boys for a bit today while I slipped down to the thrift store. For a half hour out of my day and thirty bucks, I am now decked out in clothes that fit my morphing body! After plying myself into Zorak's jeans the past month (there is something so wrong about wearing jeans that are "going out dancing" tight when you're four months pregnant!) it was time. I actually look forward to getting dressed tomorrow. Getting up, that's a different story. But once I'm up, it'll be nice to get dressed.

No clue what we're doing this weekend, but Zorak did just mention that there's a gun show. That narrowed our options considerably. *grin* Maybe another trip to the gardens, or a trek up to Monte Sano for a little hiking. Whatever it is, I'm glad we have another weekend together. Zorak is home. The boys are healthy. Life is good.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

Laney said...

Dontcha just love new clothes? I loved it when people gave me maternity clothes, even though someone else has worn them , they never ceased to make my eyes glaze over and babble, "new clothes, new clothes." LOL

I hope you have a wonderful weekend of family togetherness! ;-)

Sheila said...

I'm a fool. I just gave away the last of my maternity clothes. I could have sent them to you.
Well, I am glad you are comfortably dresses now and that cooler weather is on it's way...eventually.

ZooDad complains that he always misses the gun shows because they don't out up sign on our side of town. He missed one last weekend and he's still ranting about it.

LH said...

Hi Dy!

Came by to say hi
I can't even guess how old smidge is now I've been so out of the picture!

Maybe I'll have to catch you on late nite IM again to catch up :)

J

Thom said...

Wow. Little Smidge is in with the Big Boys. That's so cute.

Ahhh,gun shows...the smell of well-oiled weapons...the strange mix of socio-economic classes...the little stamp on the back of your hand that won't wash off for days..I miss it(tearing up a little here).

Enjoy your weekend! :0)

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Jed's vocabulary had taken off some, too. And while I'm proud, I really wish he wouldn't call his brother "jackass."

Dy said...

Oh, Sheila, I hope you kept something - a bassinette, a crib, diaper bag. Something. Ridding your home of all baby things is a sure-fire way to get pregnant!

Thom - You need to get Bill to take you to a gun show, woman! Sheesh, what good is a fine red wine and a great tiramisu if you haven't got a great afternoon at a gun show to savor over it. *wink* One of our favorite games is the "if you could only pick one" game. We love that. I pretty much suck at it, but James is starting to get the zen behind it, too, which is a lot of fun.

Kathy- ROFL. Jackass. That's priceless. I wonder where he picked that up? ;-)

Dy

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Um. His father? *innocent smile*

Dy said...

CS, Oh no, I wasn't being snarky when I mentioned our favorite games. I'd rather go to a gun show over shopping any day. I've given up on buying a .260, and that is the death of a dream *wistful sigh*, so I could use some show time to decide what my Christmas rifle will be this year. :-)

KathyJo, I'll go w/ that! I got'yer back, girl! ;-D

Dy

Gem said...

Our Baby Boy is going to have to get a new moniker at my blog, too. He repeats nearly every word he hears now, and uses quite a few on his own. He has big sisters, though, so unlike your boys, I think they will probably always see him as the baby!