Tuesday, August 16

I maxed out my cards... ALL of them.

I couldn't help it. I needed to do something. We're stuck here, and there's still no definitive decision on the house, and the boys need new pants!!!

So last night Zorak and I took the boys to the library and we maxed out every card in this family! That didn't get James new pants, but we've got a lovely stack of fresh books - some new, some old favorites - and who cares if your pants fit when you can stay home in sweats and read, right?

The rest of this week is going to crawl and fly, alternately - the boys have swim on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, Pioneer Club begins this Wednesday at church, and Zorak bought The Postman for us to watch on Friday night (after the family movie, which will feature Roy Rogers this week). So the evenings are going to be filled with activity and bustle. But the days... OY! The days! My friend, James, called yesterday to let me know he's still waiting for "Part III"... so are we. *sigh* So are we.

In the meantime, I've come to the conclusion that there is a huge, yet subtle, difference between being thankful for what you have, and being able to see the silver lining on that stinkin' rain cloud that won't just RAIN, for goodness' sake! RAIN, darnit! Quit making things muggy and sticky and bring us some relief!

See? Huge difference. I'm thankful for the moisture and the greenery and the cloud itself... but that silver lining evades me. I'll expound more on that tonight. Right now, though, I can feel the coffee slowly working its way into my bloodstream and it's time to go dive into those books!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Laney said...

Here's the kind of crazy I am... I keep coming back here to look at "you" in the Partridge Family bus to distract me from the fact that we lost the house we wanted and my husband may or may not get the job he (we) desperately want.

Oh, now look what I've done! I spilled whine all over you blog! Get it? Whine? Get it? O.K. I'll go away now.

Laney, sympathizing with you

Dy said...

Oh, Laney. Isanity is totally acceptable on the front porch. See? We have a railing so none of the lunatics fall off! It's safe here. Bring your whine. I've got cheese. L will bring the WAHH (women always house hunting) New Member Packet. It'll be good. Bring your comfy jammies!

And please know that all the prayers that were coming my way for peace of mind and peace in the knowledge that God's in charge - well, they worked, and so now they're all coming your way.

Dy