Wednesday, August 3

Just a general blog entry

Zorak and I have accepted that there are two ways the loan application can go: we'll get it, or we won't. I know, Rocket Science. The nice part is that we're okay either way. We've been oogling some really funky properties for around $20K that we could buy and fix up. And we know we could get a loan for them! *ha ha ha*

Um, yes. We are insane. But we're insane together, so we don't really notice it much.

The boys started their class swim lessons today. I think the only drawback is that it's just two days a week, but otherwise, we're really tickled with the class, the structure, and the instruction. They were both so proud of their participation and progress in class today. It's worth hauling everyone to the pool each day -- worth it a thousand times over, just for the smiles and enthusiasm.

I don't know what the high was today, but on the way back from swim (around six-thirty), the readout on the doctor's sign by the house (which is actually in the shade) read "99'" EWWWWW!! Thankfully, the humidity had dropped below 90%, so it almost felt like a dry heat. Have I mentioned that this place is going to be gorgeous in the fall?

Oh, and if any of you happen to know which box I put the MUS blocks in, I'd love a hint.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

We finished our Singapore book, and I still can't find the new one. I'm pretending it was planned, though, and we're spending some time focusing on Miquon and our Topical Problem Sums (or whatever that book is called). :~)

Kathy Jo DeVore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

You need to come to Canada (sometimes known as the Welfare State) where even reprobates can get bank loans.

Julie D. said...

As long as you're insane together ... then you're sane (the two negatives making a positive,don't cha know?)!

J-Lynn said...

LOL@Julie.

The MUS blocks is in the brown box! ;-)

Still praying for you to have an answer soon!

Laney said...

The blocks are probably in the box that is on the bottom of all the other extremely heavy boxes!

Sounds like the swim lessons are going wonderfully!

Jules said...

I am glad your boys love swimming! It is such a great way to get relief from the heat.
I wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about you and your house dilemma a lot lately and hoping that all works out for you! I have been in your shoes too many times (4 houses in 4 years) and I know the frustration of dealing with the people who seem to hold your life's dreams in their hands and they don't even realize it!!
Keep the faith- I will be praying for all to come together for you.

Thom said...

Enjoy your joint insanity--it's really the best kind, I think.

Praying for you about the loan!