Sunday, August 14

ACK! I am so sick!

Not deranged-sick, just plain ol' sick-sick. I think I pushed myself too hard last week. (But, oh, what fun it was!)

Tomorrow begins another day. I've been meaning to blog about Prima Latina for CS, but have discovered that I really need to rethink what I have to say about it. Unfortunately, with school on "bare minimum mode" at the moment, that hasn't happened recently. I promise I will do that this week, though. I need to nail it down, anyway, so I can gear up for the fall.

I'm fighting my natural inborn pessimism at the moment. Just spent the evening panicking and crying to Zorak, who has now run off to hide in the newspaper and hope that I can find a girlfriend who is awake at this time of night. He did hold my hair back for me while I paid homage to the... oh, who am I kidding? While I puked my guts out. There was no homage. A little swearing, but nothing remotely resembling homage.

We should hear back tomorrow on the house offer. I really hope they take it and that we can close pronto. There have been more glitches popping up over the weekend (hence, the hyperventilating and screeching and flapping of the arms tonight), and while none of them pertain directly to the house, they will indirectly affect the house. And. And. And. *WHHINE* I am just not endowed with a great deal of fortitude and optimism simultaneously.

So. The boys have had a great weekend. We all hung out on the couch today to watch a movie and snuggle. That was nice. We really need a deeper couch so we don't have to stack up three-high on it, but you know what - I am just really glad that my almost-seven-year-old-son still comes and piles on with the little guys. I'm thankful that the wee little one "gets it" and joins in. And I am ever-so-glad that my big, snuggly five-year-old-son craves physical contact in positive ways. He responds to hugs and loves to hold hands. He seeks out stray run-by snuggles. He sets the tone that the other two follow, and he makes me remember to be still long enough to enjoy it. We're really blessed with these guys!

On that note, however, these little guys are going to need some full-time attention and interaction tomorrow. (It feels awfully quiet now, with all the company gone, and that always seems to leave a weird vacuum for a few days after...) SO I'd better run to Wally World for some creamer (it would not bode well to run out in the morning!) and then get to bed.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

J-Lynn said...

I'm out of creamer *sigh*

Sorry I missed your call last night, we went to bed early - starting our first day of school this morning at 9 - hey, that's early to me. ;-)

I'll pray extra hard for you guys this morning and I'm sorry you're sick. I feel something coming on but I'm willing it away, I just...cant...afford...to...be...ill... Everything gets so behind when I am. We need to live closer so I can take over your duties when you're sick and you can take over mine when I am. Or better yet, take my kids - yeah! LOL

Latin - you are brave woman. I've decided I'm not going to start it until I have 2 readers. Which, won't be too much longer since Alyssa catches on so fast but I think I'm going to give it another year before even attempting a foreign language. I'd like to hear your review!

Hugs, I love you. I'm going to go do dishes and clear the dining room table so there's space for school when they wake up. And then, I'm coming back with my coffee until 8:30 so if you are up and online come onto MSN.

Stephanie not in TX said...

Hope you feel better soon, Dy. Bare minimum mode is just fine for as long as you need it to be. Spend more time snuggling those boys today.

Jess, Prima is easy. And fun. Really :)

Staci Eastin said...

Yes, you can do Prima. You can do it, you can do it.

I'm ALWAYS up. You should have called me. You really need to pack up and move to Missouri, you know. We've got great land here, too.