Tuesday, August 23

Family Fun, Overheard This Morning

The boys begged from six o'clock this morning to play with their craft things. I relented after breakfast, and they are all now happily ensconced in their room, boating, flying, and dancing with their creations.

I heard the usual unintelligible noises, then, "Hey, Uncle James..."

"Huh?" I wondered. What could that be?

They'd made pom-pom babies yesterday, and today each boy took his "nephew" (the other boys' pom-pom baby) to spend some time together.

Well, if that's not a heart-warmer, I don't know what is! Smidge doesn't have any children yet, but they call him "Uncle Smidge". (I'm sure he'd love to be called that when he's 40!)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

Well, I don't know if my youngest will ever ditch his nickname - Doochie. Poor Uncle Doochie.

What sweet boys you've got. I'm letting mine sleep late this morning.

Mamabird said...

"Uncle Smidge" just might stick!

When my little sister was 3, she couldn't say my name or hers. I was "Kaden" and she was "Kiki."

To this day, I am "Aunt Kaden" to her kids and she is "Aunt Kiki" to mine.

Your kids are very cute! I love overhearing those comments they make when they don't know you are listening.

Mamabird