Tuesday, May 1

THEY WON!

Oh, and I missed it! But John's team won the game last night. I can't get details from anybody about the game. Zorak came in, fed John a hot dog and then promptly passed out. James just doesn't pay that much attention. John was too excited and exhausted to remember anything. Smidge... well, actually, he'd have been my best bet. But I didn't get to him in time, and something else had already filled in RAM for the night.

So I don't know what happened.

But I do know that John got the game ball. That really made him beam. He's carrying it around this morning. (I don't know if it's a standard tradition, but Coach Paul gives a game ball to one player after each game. He shoots to find something to really boost the children up, through the work and effort they've put into it.) John said, "Mom, I got the game ball for hitting a triple, but I'm not sure what a triple is." Oh. OK. Well, that's a clue, at least. :-)

Happy children. Good stuff. Good morning!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

momanna98 said...

HA! Too funny. D has his first game tomorrow night. :-)

andie said...

Oh, the game ball! How exciting is that?! Way to go, John!