Tuesday, May 15

Top Ten Ways I Procrastinate

You know, I really shouldn't get on the boys about procrastinating. Ever. I have absolutely no right. Oh, sure, I get all noble and righteous about how I don't want them to make the same mistakes I've made. But the truth of the matter is that they are going to have to take care of me in my old age, and I have no desire to suffer hallucinations, thinking I've been left in a cave because they keep putting off giving me my medications or taking me out for an airing.

I should be cleaning.
I should be packing.
I should be digging up forms of identification.

But is that what I did tonight?
Of course not.

I played with the squash (fresh ginger and garlic - almost a big hit).

I okay'd the roasting of the marshmallows in the front yard. (Yep, that desperate not to have to do anything productive.)

And then, just to prove a point and win my medal, I fell asleep arched backwards across a foam Elmo chair in the boys' room. Perhaps that'll get me a silver. If I'd been truly dedicated to not being up and mobile, I'd have gone that extra mile and drowned in my own spit or something, considering the angle of my head and such.

Ah, well. OK. So I'll be productive tomorrow. What do you do to put off the less pleasant tasks?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Emily said...

Honestly, I read blogs. LOL!! I have a laptop on my kitchen counter (BAD.IDEA.) and even though the dishes are crawling out of my sink, I will get sucked into blog reading.

So...if you think about it, it's kinda your fault my house is such a wreck.

Gee thanks, Dy! ;)

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHAH! I wish that you could see my house right now! I figure I have a while till Race comes home, so I'll just wait. I keep the school and the food and the running around covered. But I try out new make-up, new hair-styles, whatever. Laundry? Dishes? Floors? what are those?? Stop looking at me like that!

mere said...

1. Blogs. They just suck me in I tell ya'!
2. I make elaborate lists of things to do. I FEEL productive, even if I'm not.
3. Take funny pictures of myself, the kids, the cat, etc.

I could go on...If only I could be paid to procrastinate, I'd be set for life!

On that note, I have to go unload Betty.

mere