Tuesday, May 15

I love that man.

Tonight, amidst all the "fun" of roasting marshmallows and moths outside, I hopped back into the house for more coffee. It wasn't until I was all the way in the kitchen again that I heard a creepy scritching sound following me. It sped up when I did, stopped when I did.

I could still hear the children laughing in the yard, which meant either Zorak was behind me, or they hadn't seen the mass murderer enter the house. But *something* was wrong. I could even feel it in my back and right leg.

Step.
Scritch.
Step-step.
Scritch-scritch.

I think my body is starting to slip into paralysis! I can hardly lift my leg now!

*schloop-scritch*

Wait. Just. One. Second.

*peek*

Sure enough, I somehow managed to step on a melted marshmallow. And then on about two inches of leaf debris on my way to the porch. That would account for the scritching, the discomfort in my right leg (which was hefted up a good two inches), and the trouble lifting said leg. But what could possibly account for the fact that I didn't think to look under my foot to begin with?

*sigh* I don't know.

I scraped most of it off, then the small ones came at me with their flaming trophies and I had to hot-foot it back outside before they set fire to the floor or the curtains. And then there was bedtime, and laundry. And that death nap thing with the Elmo chair. The shoe lay, forgotten and sticky, in the kitchen.

Just now, Zorak asked if I wanted to go see the progress on the railings. Yeah, but I've got to mess with my shoe first. I stepped on something...

"I know," he said, smiling and pouring coffee. "I already cleaned it."

Oh. *sniff* I love you! I have to go blog this. *sniff*

But now I have to go because he took the coffee and left for the porch without me. He was muttering something about "addictions" and "obsessive behavior". Huh. Wonder what that meant? We'll blog about it later, right?

Dy

5 comments:

melissa said...

AWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's so sweet. I wish Race were here to scrape gunk off my shoe. (sigh)

Rebel said...

Sweet that he cleaned up your mess.

Hilarious that you didn't check your shoe right away.

Obsessive that you had to blog about it right away. (but I'm glad you did)

Emily said...

Any man that will scrape junk off the bottom of your shoe is a keeper :)

Jenni said...

Danny was home from work earlier this week due to rain. Usually that means he spends the day up in his office studying, but he came down for coffee and noticed the floor needed to be swept. So he did. Without a word. When I noticed and told him I'd get it, he said, "No, that's okay. You go ahead and do your internet thing." Then he rolled his eyes and made some very similar comments about obsessive behavior and addictions. But wasn't it sweet that he swept the floor?!? I think that was the same day he made a pot of coffee after finishing the last cup. Yup, he's a keeper.

J-Lynn said...

LOL 100pts for him!