Tuesday, May 1

Oh, boy!

So I gave the Small Ones the option to stay inside and help me clean, or go outside and play. A no-brainer, I know. Normally, we do work together. I just don't have it in me today to direct traffic, and the house is shot. So, go! Play! Enjoy the day!

Smidge came back in. "Me done playing outside." Oh, yeah? Well, if you come in, you'll be cleaning. "Mmm, okay. Me clean." Heh. Ok.

I got him set up in his room, putting Tinker Toys back in the bucket. Simple enough for a 3yo to do, right?

He comes out, "Look! A sword!"

Yes, honey, that's a nice sword. Put it in the sword bucket, please.

He disappears, only to reappear a moment later with a new creation. "Look! TWO swords!"

Oh, aren't you a handsome knight? You're the Knight of Cleanliness. Put it up.

He starts back down the hall. Stops. Comes running back up the hall. "Me no knight. Me a WARRIOR!"

*chuckle* OK, warrior. Go pick up your things.

"Mmmmm. Nope. Me no knight. Me WARRIOR. Warriors no clean. They FIGHT!"

Ahhh. Well, then. So much for my brilliant child psychology tactics.

Kiss those wee warriors!
~Dy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very funny story. I can't wait until my little boy starts talking. I found your blog through from Laundry and Lullabies.

Melora said...

Isn't it amazing how there is always a good reason why they can't put things away?

mere said...

Very Cute!

Can you tell him to do battle against the clutter?

Yay John! for the triple...whatever that is!

mere

J-Lynn said...

ROFL he is TOO cute I can picture him vividly!

You're getting outsmarted and you're outnumbered - ACK!

Fe said...

Oh! That sounds so familiar!

Puggle is three (today!) and packing up entails those same diversions of his attention—something new to play with!

Bridget said...

When I send Blake to clean his room he normally comes back with "Hey, look what I found, when did I get this?" His room is an unending battle.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Little warriors ARE sweet.

How did you teach your little ones to clean up? I'm trying to help Jonathan understand the concept, but not getting very far very fast! :) Every now and then he'll seem to get it and we'll cheer and clap and hug, and then the next day it he looks at me blankly when asked to put the car in the basket, please. Ah well, he's two. :)