Monday, April 30

Monday Evening

This is why I've never done drugs: one minute I'm reading the front of the saline bag, and the next minute a nurse is walking me to the door. I have only second-hand input as to what has happened to me, and absolutely no recollection of the event at all. What a wild sensation! Thank you for the prayers. I'm guessing it went well. That's the first time I've been put under since I was eleven months old.

The staff is delightfully cheerful, and this is perhaps the first time my smart-alec sense of humor didn't get me nasty looks. The nurse gave me the run-down on staying relaxed, putting my feet up, drinking something sweet until the effects wear off, "pretend you're at the spa, okay?"... I laughed and told her I may just be back again next month. Well, after the fact, no, I'm not going back again next month. (God willing.) But Zorak has been wonderful, and I do appreciate it. He kept the little ones comfy and happy and brought me a Vicodin every three hours, and I've slept the day away.

John's second game is going right now. I'm irrationally sad to have missed that, but truth be told, I don't think the bleachers are the best place for me to be at the moment.

And that's about all the brain cells I've got to rub together at the moment. Just wanted to touch base and say howdy. I'm going to go dig up some pudding and a soda!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Glad you're resting and OK!

Kim said...

Hope you're feeling more like yourself today.

Oral surgeon = torture.

Melora said...

I'm so glad it went as well as could be expected, and that it is Over With! I hope the kids continue to let you rest. For me, waking up from anesthesia is the worst part, and a couple days rest is very necessary. Enjoy your pop & pudding!

andie said...

Melora, I read that as "poop" and pudding. I won't share why poop is always on my mind when general anesthesia is being discussed...

Dy, eh, sorry for speaking of poop yet again, and glad you've pulled through. I missed my John's second game last night, too, it was a lateish game and the Littles had a big day with no nap, so I stayed home with them.

Dy said...

ROFL, Andie! I had to read it twice, too. Could be a whole new fad: change a diaper, have a little pudding, *shudder* and repeat.

Melora, I think that one day is all I'm going to get. Zorak was feeling really poorly last night, and this morning he called in sick. He's still in bed, with a mild fever and one heck of a sinus problem. :-( Yeah, I know, I'm whining. This is more rest than I've had with any of the newborns, though, so I shouldn't complain. But why(ne) did he have to get sick NOW?

You know, I keep telling myself this isn't about vanity, but about my overall health. But I've gotta say at this point, I'm starting to get a little freaked out on the vanity end of it. However, on the plus side, this morning, for the first time in... years... I can shut my mouth and all the teeth touch! I can't tell you how exciting it is to know that I can CHEW again. (Or to realize that I hadn't actually been *able* to chew all this time...) It really is about health. It really is about health. (And a little bit of vanity.) But mostly health.

Dy

Bridget said...

It does seem that husbands get sick at the same time we do or when we are down and need them. Rusty is a wonderful husband but darn it if he doesn't get sick when I do. Do you think it's a conspiracy?! Glad to hear that everything went well and sorry you missed the baseball game. When Blake got his first game ball he was beside himself. Good job,John.

Melora said...

Oops! Next time I will remember to call it soda when we are discussing the delicate time following a surgery. Sorry about poor Zorak and your abbreviated recovery.

Anonymous said...

Insert, toothless Alabaman joke here.

HAHAHAHA Damn I crack myself up.

Glad everything went okay, you can call me in a couple of weeks, I'm going to go through the same torture as soon as the infection goes away ... I didn't know teeth could get infections?!?!?!

Random Useless Fact:

The Toothbrush was invented in Alabama.

If it were invented anywhere else in the world it would have been called a teethbrush! :)

Cheers
James

Dy said...

Ha-ha. Smartass. ;-) It's probably residual from all that crap we ate in high school, huh? I say we can blame Allsup's!

Sorry you're going through the same thing. If you ever get yerself up this way to visit, I'll share my drugs and empathize. And I keep telling myself that, eventually, they have to be *done*. Right? RIGHT?!?!?

*sigh*
Dy