Wednesday, May 30

Watermelon!

Before we left, we broke out a watermelon and enjoyed the absolutely exquisite phenomenon known as Spring Evening in the South. She enjoyed it tremendously, and just acted as if she'd never had this delightful ambrosia before. Then it hit us... she'd never had this delightful ambrosia before. Her first watermelon!


She's also a ham. If she even sees the camera come up to your face, she'll stop what she's doing to shout, "cheese!"

Of course, it doesn't have to be your first watermelon in order to really be able to dive in...

One of the things I love about watching the children is just how whole-heartedly they immerse themselves in what they're enjoying. It's a good reminder for me, anyway. Nothing tastes as sweet, is as much fun, or means as much as what you're sinking your teeth into right this very minute. We just need to make sure we fill those minutes with the good stuff.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

12 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Oh, that top picture is absolutely gorgeous!

Jenni said...

That shot at the top is excellent! You're getting good at this, Dy!
I love the "cheese" photo, too. It reminds me of my four nieces. The oldest is one year younger than my youngest, so they have four girls 2-9. Their mom is so much better about carrying the camera *everywhere* and she's constantly taking pictures of the girls instead of wildflowers and sunsets. They learned to smile for the camera at a very young age and the youngest has the exact same "cheese" face as Emily.

Needleroozer said...

Oh my goodness! That one of Em is worth framing. SO very sweet!
And is it just me, or is Mr. Smidge a real BOY now, and not a toddler or a tyke any more?!
How fun!
LB

Bridget said...

Dy,
Great pictures! There's nothing better than a baby with watermelon.

Melora said...

What beautiful pictures, especially the top one! Of course, they are beautiful children! Now I must go and find a watermelon.

Rebel said...

LOVE the pics! You definately have beautiful babies.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

What a darling girl your Miss Em is!

Bob and Claire said...

Mmmm, Anna has discovered watermelon too! I can't believe how much hair Emily has! I guess I haven't seen pictures lately--a whole ton more than Anna!

Your vacation sounded wonderful. Our family is just now in the process of all leaving, but it has been wonderful to spend time with them. But it's meant not too much time on the ol' computer! : )

Amber said...

Yum! We had our first watermelon of the year recently too. Gregory took a bit to get into it but after the first couple hesitant bites he was all for it.

The pics are great and it is nice to have you back and blogging. :-) (I know, selfish of me, isn't it!)

Meliss said...

That first picture is just beautiful! How dare that memory card hold your pictures hostage!!!

Ritsumei said...

I'm gonna have to agree that the 1st picture is amazing! Boo-hiss at the memory card!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Hey, you. Love the pics. We have a watermelon in the fridge ourselves right now. :)

I have working email again, I'm blogging sporadically, and you got a thinking blogger award from my blog. Hope all is well with you. Would have emailed but I'm on the wrong computer for that. If I don't get my own laptop soon, things could get ugly around here. :)