Wednesday, April 11

Eight Years Ago

Eight Years Ago, Jess and Geo stayed at our place to watch James for us so we could go out for our anniversary. James was fine. We were a mess. And we went back to the house first thing in the morning for breakfast, then took everybody back to the hotel to swim. Know what I remember most about that whole thing?

Jess said she will never again stay at my house because we had no junk food and it was the healthiest house she'd ever seen.

Jess' quote from this visit?

ACK! There is candy everywhere you turn in this place!


Well, that year Easter hadn't fallen the weekend before. I swear that's my defense, and you can't prove otherwise!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

andie said...

Are you TRYING for an invasion? I have bags packed, woman. You're advertising that you have Jess AND candy? You're brave! I could veddy easily turn south..er, southwest!

Dy said...

Yes! Come! Swing by and pick up KathyJo on your way! Get down here, quick, before it gets Hot'N'Sticky!! (And before we eat all the candy!)

But I don't have Jess anymore. She ran off to go do family things. Wouldn't even leave me one of the small ones. Pfft.
Dy

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Well, that's just grand! You'll visit Dy but not ME?? *I* have chocolate, too! Well, not really, but we can send Ernie out for some. :D

Dy said...

Nah, I'll bet she'll just go see Tut. Pfft. (We're much more lively around here!) She was just willing to go for it when she thought I still had Jess.

J-Lynn said...

Mmmmmmmmm candy everywhere! Yeah, they were like Scooby Snacks for the kids. Then we could send them outside to run off the energy! WoooHooo I love country life!

It was so odd to me realizing how quickly time really does fly by. 8 years ago I was trying to change a squiggly wiggly James and snuggling him before bed and now you have a squiggly wiggly Emily and you've had 2 in between! But thank goodness James is still wiggly and he also is still willing to give me a hug. :-)