Sunday, April 1

Holiday fun

I wanted so very much to write a fun April Fool's Day post. A few things stopped me, though. First, I truly detest April Fool's Day. Not a big trickster at all. And second, lacking inspiration, I couldn't think of anything good. I'd thought about saying we were going to send the boys to Orme Academy, a boarding school in Arizona, but was afraid that might start rumors in the family that it would take the rest of the year to quell. Then I thought perhaps I'd come clean that Zorak is moving to Mexico to join the Partido del Trabajo, but I couldn't bring myself to even joke about that. *shudder*

And when I'm not inspired, all I can think to do is plagarize. Every time I began to write, I'd think of last year, and start giggling.

Then I thought I'd post a bit about the history of April Fool's Day. Plenty of mystery and conjecture. Looks like the change of the calendar was as popular when it first came out as Daylight Savings Time is today. But still, nothing concrete. The best I could come up with was a little anecdote about the origin of the "Kick Me" sign on a person's back. (Authorities seem to blame that one on Scotland. They're a tough crowd, those Scots.)

Now the children are up, the ground is soft, and Spring is coming! So, however you celebrate April Fools' Day, have a very happy day. And if you do have big news to share, please wait until tomorrow, for you may not be believed today. ;-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

H said...

Dy, your e-mail was the funniest thing I'd read in a long time! I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. I gigle when I think of last year too, though I cringe when I think of how many people took me seriously.

People who should have *known* better!

Did they ever really know me at all.....

Well, take a look at me now-ow!

There's just an empty space..

Oh wait, sorry. I started channeling Phil Collins again. Hmmm... maybe that's what I should do next year. :)

happy April 1st!

J-Lynn said...

My first brilliant plan was to have faux divorce papers out on the dining room table and ask Geo to sign them.

My second idea was to tell the kids we were going to Disney World then say APRIL FOOLS!!!

I was only thinking of the 2nd one, even I'm not that demented. ;-) I really wanted to do the first one though but I was too lazy to find and print out papers that looked real. I did tell Geo about it though.

We are most certaintly a family of pranksters. ;-)