Tuesday, April 3

New Card, No Photos

Zorak grabbed a new XD card for the camera so we could take pictures of the kids playing ball over the weekend. He got a big card, too (so now I can go years between uploads!) and we took a bazillion pictures. Some movies. Lots of fun shots, too.

We put the card in the uploader, presumably to upload. Nothing. We got crickets. With a lot of wiggling and finagling, we did get a message that we don't have a high-speed USB port, and it'll be slow. OK, how slow? (I honestly doubt we could tell the difference. We aren't big 'puter fiends.) Well, two days seems a bit on the ridiculous side, but still nothing happened.

Then we found it.

"Would you like to format this card?"

Honestly? No. No, we wouldn't. We'd like to get to the pictures that are currently ON it! ACK.

And so, no pictures. I know we'll most likely have to format the darned thing and will lose the pictures. And that makes me cry. We didn't know. We put the card in the camera, and the camera recognized it. The camera and the card worked together beautifully. Was it all a hoax?

ARGH.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Maybe you can upload from the camera instead of a card reader? The camera probably came with a cable...

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Yes, I agree with Jennie. Try it before you do anything else. I always upload directly from my camera, and I've never "formatted" anything.

Becca said...

I had the same thing happen with my new card. But there's a tiny little switch on mine that my husband showed me--when you move it to the other position, I could upload the photos. Perhaps you have something similar?