Saturday, April 7

Snippets

Well, the forward-facing carseat is clean and ready to put into the Suburban in the morning. *sniff* The last of my backward-facing carseat days is gone. (Yes, I know, she turned one in January, but her legs are short and we had some wiggle room.) Weird. I still haven't quite let go of the idea that this is what I do. Which is probably even more weird, considering. *shrug* Anyway, life is like that, sometimes.

Now that the guest room is all cleaned up and ready for company, it looks a little barren. I scrounged in the basement for something bench-like, or even table-like that I could put in there to make it less like a hostel for traveling nuns, but to no avail. We were going to raise the bed a bit, so we made risers for it. As we fitted them on, they seemed a bit wobbly. I asked Zorak, "It won't collapse if they, you know...?" He laughed and said if they're comfortable enough to, you know... then we've done our job, and what's a little collapsing furniture going to matter. Good point. (But we didn't test the theory. The bed has been returned to its non-collapsing position.)

Smidge petitioned us last night to move him back into the boys' room. He said he misses James and John, and the dragon prints, and the trains. We talked it over, passed it by the boys, and tonight we put his bed back in there. Truly, that room is better suited to hosting three bodies than the nursery is for two. Still, I'm not sure EmBaby really needs to be 1) the only girl, 2) the baby of the bunch, AND 3) always have had her own room while the boys always had to share. Some small, wee voice in my head keeps whispering, "Just start calling her Princess now and get it over with." We'll see. She seems to be holding up well so far. :-) And she makes great sound effects!

The boys actually all petitioned to have EmBaby moved into their room, too, but that room won't quite hold four little bodies and all their accessories. Plus, 8yo boys enjoy toys that pose quite a threat to 1yo babies. Too many logistics to try to finagle just now.

Well, everything's ready to go for tomorrow. The kids' clothes are layed out. The menu is set. The house is mostly done. I've got to go forage for my shoes, iron Zorak's shirt, and then I'm done. WooHoo!

OK, Zorak's channeling the Weird Idea Fairy. Time to go brainstorm with My Love and see what weird, wonderful adventure we're up for next!

5 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Have a wonderful Easter! I hope the new church is to your liking. Have fun with all your company. Hope you talk to you soon,
LB

J-Lynn said...

ROFLMBO Dy! While G may be willing to test the furniture I most certaintly would not be. LOL

And don't put anything in the guest room! I like empty space! Besides, we'll have tons of crap probably. LOL

Hugs!

Jennie C. said...

Happy Easter, Dy!

Amy said...

I chuckled over you moving the boys all back together. We did it with the girls some months back. Its just easier having them in one place. And we already call Robbie "le petite prince". At some point Em would probably not want to be sharing a room with a brother (eww - stinky gross - a boy).

Amy

Heidicrafts said...

One of my friends has two boys in one bedroom and the spare bedroom is their play zone. As long as everyone is content.

My boy is nearly 11 and still wants to fall asleep knowing that I'm in the hallway nearby. That's how I get most of my crafting or reading done.