Sunday, April 22

Favorite Mother

I did something the other day that I thought was pretty darned cool. I don't remember what it was, now. Probably got us somewhere on time, or without hitting anything on the way. Anyhow, it was cause for celebration.

As I turned off the engine, I said, "Alright, so who's your favorite Mom?" (Yes, a loaded question. I know.)

In UNISON, my two eldest shout back,

"GRANNY!"

...uh... but she's not your mother.

"She's Dad's mom," says Thing 1.

"Yeah, that counts!" Chimes in Thing 2.

Oh. Well, that's not quite what I was looking for, but I'm sure Granny will be glad to know she's loved.

And she is. :-)

(And in the next round of voting, I did, in fact, come in a solid Second. You know, out of two...)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Thom said...

OMGosh!! Kids are the funniest, most unpredictable creatures on earth! ROFL!!!!

Meliss said...

OOOOOOoooh. You must be a very gracious mom. And Granny must be very, very special. Funny!

Thanks for your comment. I'll reply over there, but I'll leave my email addy here: o u r s i d e at g m a i l . c o m

J-Lynn said...

ROFL that really cracked me up!!!