Friday, April 13

Homeschool Field Trip Today

That would be the only reason I'm up, showered and dressed right now. Barely beat the sun in rising.

We're going to see bee hives. Thankfully, it's cold, so I'm hoping the little critters will be s-l-o-w. Kinda like I am right now. That'll make us evenly matched.

The boys keep asking the strangest questions, too:

Can you get stung in the exact same spot twice? (Theoretically, yes. But you won't.)

What happens if you get a wasp sting on top of a bee sting? (I have no intention of finding out.)

Why don't wasps make honey? (?? I don't know!)

Do you think we'll make them angry and they'll swarm us and we'll die? (Lovely thought, but no. I don't.)

It could happen. (Would you stop chaneling my mother and eat?)

Do you think your mother's a ghost now? (Ugh. OK, I set myself up for that one.)

We leave in an hour and a half.

What was I thinking?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Oh course, being Friday the 13th...
ya never know!!!

Wishing you a safe and sting free day!

Tell your boys that my son stepped on a wasp/bee hive when he was a teen.

He got lots of stings and
tot funny swellings under his arms (lymph nodes dealing with the poison) and lived to tell.

It's just a good rule...
dont step on their house!

Rebel said...

LOL, maybe it's because it's early here, I've had no caffeine, and I'm still in PJs in my recliner...but I found this post extremely funny, like almost wet my pants funny.

Kila said...

LOL, love the questions.

Hope you have a great time!

Needleroozer said...

Have to say- if I were there, the baby girl and I would stay home and snuggle and leave the whole bee thing to you and the boys!
Have a great day,
LB

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Jared, reading over my shoulder: "I don't think it's funny to ask why wasps don't make honey. I know why. They eat bugs. Ugh. Can you imagine honey made out of bugs??"

:) You've spawned a conversation in the household. Now Ernie's screaming down that there are many, many different types of wasp, and that some eat nectar while others eat bugs.

*sigh* Now I'm probably going to have to hear about ALL of them. They don't get that I already know the only thing I need to know about wasps: they are kill on sight bugs, when possible, or run like hell bugs otherwise. :)

Amber said...

Wow, neat! I hope the field trip went well, I wish I could have come. :-) I am bound and determined to be a beekeeper one of these days, just gotta get the house and garden going first. (*just*!!! LOL)