Sunday, February 11

Who I Am

MFS saw a picture of herself recently that she felt really showed her as she *feels*. She then asked on a board we frequent if we'd be willing to share something similar of ourselves. It's been a fun thread, and the window-peeking nosey Nellie in me has enjoyed putting faces with names. But, finding a picture of myself to share was a bit... difficult.

I wanted to email Crissy covertly and ask her to airbrush out a couple of things for me. Maybe airbrush in a few things, too, if possible. You know, just amongst us girls.

I wanted to spend the next two days primping and polishing and hot rolling and sloughing and... where are those Crest whitestrips? Or maybe Crissy could do that, too? Jess? No, Jess knows me too well. I still haven't lived down the last little bit o' fixin' I asked her to do. Drat.

But, that wasn't what Melissa had asked. She asked what we look like. Now. Today (or recently). Particularly, in this season of our lives. Who we are, and where we are. All settled in, and comfy with ourselves.

Comfy. Yeah.

Well, ok.

No excuses. No apologies. No primping, posing, or airbrushing.

These two pictures sum it up pretty well.

This is how I look a lot of the time. Kissing my babies.


And this is it. This is me. Sling. Sweater. Jeans. Runaway hair. Nose. Smile. There's usually a backpack slung over my shoulder, stuffed with all the things of life, but Zorak had it at the time, to get the camera out.


What do *you* look like?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

15 comments:

Jennie C. said...

And you are perfectly lovely loving those kids!

Melora said...

Good heavens. What could you possibly want to airbrush? You are lovely. The baby kiss picture, especially, is darling!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

Thanks for your comments about Maureen O'Hara--they made me laugh, and feel good!

Anonymous said...

Who you are is absolutely beautiful Dy.

Donna Boucher said...

You are a true beauty.

Emily said...

Dy, you are beautiful! You have always reminded me of a younger and prettier Jane Seymour. Seriously, there is no need for an airbrush!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Jules said...

Oh I love this idea! I want to find a picture of me but I honestly don't think I have any. I am always the one behind the camera!
I am going to ask Derick to think about it and try to take one of me when he sees me "as I am".

Very cool idea. And you are gorgeous, by the way. ;)

Bridget said...

I love the pictures of you and I agree with Emily, you do remind me of a young Jane Seymour. I will have to get Rusty to take a picture of me, I am usually the one taking the pictures.

Jenni said...

I don't remember if I've seen a picture of you before, but you look just like I thought you would, which is absolutely beautiful, BTW. And I do always picture you with a backpack, and sometimes hiking boots, sometimes those sporty sandals. And sensible, comfortable socks. (I like SmartWool light hikers.) Am I right?
Oh, and thanks for saying I don't look like that guy in my celebrity collage. That was freakin' me out just a bit:o)

Dy said...

Bridget & Jules, yes, DO have the guys take pictures! Your children will want them someday, trust me! (And we want to see them!)

Jenni, I do love my SmartWools, yes! :-D

Y'all, I think the Jane Seymour thing is a little trompe l'oeil... a little camera angle action. I've gone enough bone mass to make two of that woman! But thank you for the sweet words.

Dy

mere said...

You are beautiful Dy, no need whatsoever for airbrushing AT ALL! Besides, there's nothing pretty about that kind of deception anyway. Better to see warts and all and love the warts anyway. That's real.

And I agree with the Jane Seymour comments.

mere

Thom said...

You're gorgeous, girl!!I love both of the pictures--you just look so comfortable and happy and radiant. Very inspirational!

And I really dig your hair,too!

melissa said...

Beeeeeuuuuutiful!! Seriously, how do you do it?? I agree with the Jane Seymore comment, and I also thought that what Thom said was perfect, "comfortable, happy, and radiant". You are the picture of happiness!

What do *I* look like??? I don't even know anymore!

momanna98 said...

Ok, I did it. But only because it was such a neat idea. I love your pics!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Those are great pictures - especially the "kiss the baby" photo! So appropriate for your blog.

I'm with everyone else on the Jane Seymour likeness. You're a very pretty woman, Dy. Airbrushing, indeed! :)