Saturday, February 3

The Remodel, Day 506

Sheesh, talk about a drawn out process! (I still wonder what on earth made me start out doing days, oh, so long ago, but it's fun, in a self-deprecating way, to figure up the days every once in a while.)

Pulled the ceiling fan in the nursery today. Ew. Zorak took the boys to get supplies and I put EmBaby down, then went to work. Got the windows scraped of paint smears, cleaned out one of the closets and prepped it for putting in a closet door. I think just getting doors in there will make such a difference. Right now, it looks like two gaping holes where an explosion in a children's clothing factory took place.

EmBaby was still asleep, so I put chicken leftovers into a pot for soup and started in with the paint. Sixty hours later... (ok, ok, one hour, but it felt like sixty), I found all the stuff and got started. Cleaned the ceiling, then cut in the ceiling paint around the walls and over where the ceiling fan will go. By then, Baby Girl was up and ready to try that whole toddler headfirst into a 5-gal bucket thing. Somehow, I didn't think we were quite ready for that, so I packed up the paint supplies and poured a bit of paint into a Glad Ware tub to work with. She was compliant enough that I could put the second coat on the school room windows, but decided I was taking advantage of her patience when I moved on to the apron.

Ah, well.

Zorak called from one of his stops to tell me he didn't want to do this anymore. (His exact words were, "If I could have left an hour ago, I would have. They're coming unwound. ALL of them!") I suggested food. He called back an hour later, from Chic-Fil-A, to let me know they're all doing much better ("The boys and the Daddy"), and, if I wasn't stalled and waiting for them to return, he had a few more things to do before coming home.

So now, it's almost seven, and I'm going to go watch The Lawrence Welk Show with Baby Girl. Down below freezing again tonight, and I am ever so thankful for our heater. And our floors. It's all been worth it so far.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Meliss said...

Growing up, my sisters and I all took baths on Saturday night, ate pancakes for supper and watched Lawrence Welk. It was a fun tradition back then, but for some reason the show grates on my nerves now.

I'm impressed with how much you get done on your house. I think that the only way that I'd get painting done is if someone got all the supplies together and set up, mixed the paint, and then handed me the brush.

Dy said...

The show grates on my nerves, too. It's awfully polished. But the kids just eat it up. Especially EmBaby - she loves the music.

Well, notice I got quite a bit done today because Zorak had 3/4 of the kids, and I'd knocked that last one out. *grin* On the days he's at work, and I'm here with all four... we don't get much done. I do appreciate the tag-team effort we have going on the weekends, though!
Dy

H said...

I never watched the show when I was growing up, but I love to watch the tap dancing now.

And I think it's sweet to watch all those old people get up and dance.

*sigh* It's very sweet.

Melora said...

I can't believe that is still on! I remember seeing it at my grandmother's house. Didn't they have a bubble machine, or something like that?