Thursday, February 22

Something Beautiful

A while back, Jean asked her readers to post a picture of "something beautiful". I think she meant scenery, but, well, the South in the winter isn't the most picturesque place on earth. It can be, if you have Thom's wicked photography skills, but if your picture-taking abilities pretty much peaked with Polaroid instant film, this place is harsh. Of the umpteen bathousand "nature pictures" I've taken this winter, this is the sole survivor:



So, I thought I'd compensate by sharing a few shots taken lately that just make me smile.

It is very difficult to just let BabyGirl *sleep*. She's snuggly enough when she's awake, but when she's asleep and, I admit, I have a fondness for those tiny, curled, soft baby feet. Makes me want to swoop her up and snuggle her in, deep and close. That's a bit startling for her, though, so we tend to just take pictures...



John loves to take pictures. And he's good. He's got a natural eye for things, and I have no idea how he does it, but he can fiddle with the camera until he gets just what he saw in his mind. We just let him run wild with the camera, and it's always a treat (sorry Amy) to see what turns up. This is one of my recent favorites. Doesn't it make our plain ol' ceiling fan look much more romantic than you'd expect?



And this little beauty, is our Lean-O-Meter. Zorak and the boys made it for the tree in our front yard.
The tree has a disturbing lean to it, although it seems solidly rooted and healthy. It will, eventually come down, but in the meantime, the guys use this gauge to check the tree's behavior. If it starts moving noticeably, or hits a certain point on the scale, the tree's demise gets bumped to the top of the priority list. It hasn't moved since they hung it. It's beautiful to me because when I see it through the window, I know that Zorak finds ways to look after us, even when he's not here.

Kiss those beautiful babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers are gorgeous! And baby feet, well, they rate somewhere up there with the smell of a freshly washed baby. Thanks!

:-) Jean

Needleroozer said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I figured it was something simple like that, but I was so burnt out at the time, I couldn't even go look at them. It's all fixed now. You are the bestest!

Love those pics- those baby feet look delicious! And the ceiling fan pic- John is good!
Have a great day- today is the first day all week I haven't had to be out of the house early- the kids are even still asleep!
Hugs and smooches,
LB

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Wow, John's photo skills are impressive! I wish I could make mine turn out so well!

Janet said...

Beautiful pictures indeed!

Only an engineer would do that to a tree. But it's great!!

J-Lynn said...

What a beautiful flower picture Dy! And wow, John's photo is fantastic! I wonder if that's how he views the world - so neat to see! And I LOVE baby feet, especially Ems, can't wait to see her. She'll probably think I'm weird if I snuggle her feet though huh? rofl LOL@Janet, yes, only an engineer would. It's so cute, he is protecting you guys. He's a great guy.

Love you guys!
Jess

Melora said...

Your flowers reminded me to rush out and take a picture of the little volunteer daffodil thingy that popped up in our front yard.

Those baby feet are just yummy looking, and John definitely has talent!

Thom said...

Wook at those wittle FEET! How adorable!! And kudos to John on his photography skills. It's a sign of real talent when you can make an everyday object look so lovely.

I wish my daffodils were blooming.
I am SO ready for Spring.

The Lean-O-Meter is just AWESOME!!! How clever!! :0)