Wednesday, February 21

Not The Best Marketing Plans...

The computer needs some lovin', and I've been putting it off for a while. But now, we're down to the gnat's end. So, I looked up a few computer repair places this morning. It wasn't productive, but it was interesting...

Place #1:
I dialed 123-4567.
The answering machine message says, "You have reached 890-1234. Please leave your message at the tone." *

I hung up, checked the number, and redialed very. carefully. (Stuck my tongue out and everything, just to make sure.)

Got the same message. I left my message, along with a disclaimer that I'd dialed a different number completely and so if this isn't the right place, please accept my apologies.

Hmmm... so I tried another place.

Hey, they have a website. www.valleycomputers.com Cool.

But, um, if you go there, you'll see this message:
If you are the owner of this web site you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site.


I think I'll keep looking...

Dy

*Editoral note: I called the number again so I could get the exact number on the message, and I got busted. Steve actually answered this time! He forwards all his calls to one cell phone, so that does explain the mis-matched number.

1 comment:

Melora said...

But did you explain to him that the reason he has no business is that all his wanna-be customers give up when they find that they have the "wrong number"? It seems like a slightly more detailed message might be in order! I hope you have better luck having your computer fixed than we have. We brought ours in to T.'s karate instructor a month ago so he could put in the new mother board, and he Still hasn't gotten around to it. Grrr!