Saturday, February 3

I needed that.

You know how sometimes you don't mind a gritty ending to a book or a novel? Some stories simply must end that way. (OK, I still rail against the way King's Tower series ended, but like he said, he warned us not to read that last bit. Serves me right, but I won't ever learn. This much, I know.)

However, sometimes you watch a movie and you just need a Very Good Ending?

We watched one like that tonight. It was awesome. Even if it had ended badly for the characters, it was still a great flick. But I really didn't *want* it to end badly for them. I liked them. I reacted somewhat rabidly to the villian. I cheered for the redemption factor (always cheer for the redemption factor - I couldn't have been the only one to come literally out of my seat when Alfred returned to the family in Legends of the Fall, right?). So yes, I, the semi-invested viewer (one without a backup comedy, to boot!) desperately needed the movie to end just the way it did.

Indeed.

I do so appreciate that every once in a while.

6 comments:

mere said...

And the movie was...? Don't leave us hangin'.

Dy said...

Oh, I thought about that, but if somebody hasn't seen it, it would ruin it to know the ending was good. LOL. Sorry. :-) Want me to just mention several good movies? I could do that.

Dy

mere said...

Sure, that sounds good.

mere

H said...

You won't tell us the name of the movie? So from now on, every movie I see that has a happy ending will make me wonder, "Was THAT the movie Dy was talking about?"

Needleroozer said...

Pleeeeeaaaassseee, tell us the name of the movie!!!!!!
Hugs,
LB

Melora said...

I understand that your motive is good, but What a Tease.