Monday, February 5

But we felt so busy!

*whine*

OK. Got that out of my system. We worked more on the nursery today. I painted the ceiling. Then, because the kids hadn't figured out yet that I was doing something productive, I was able to go ahead and work on the edge of the ceiling in the living/kitchen/dining space. Yes, I know. We painted that months ago. Actually, I got one coat on, and then Zorak realized he ceiling needs some work. So he asked me to hold off on the second coat until he could get to that... well, it's not caving in on us, so it hasn't migrated to the top of the Priority List yet. And... months later, there you have it. A manic woman with a plastic tub of paint in one hand, a paint brush clutched between her teeth, hauling a step stool around the room with a toddler in hot pursuit. The ugly side of home repair. I got all but the spot above the TV. Didn't have the courage to attempt the lateral air maneuvers required for that one.

Then... I just wandered around for a bit. Felt like I should be doing something, but wasn't sure what. (This happens far more often than I'd like to admit.) Zorak build the jamb for the closet door, got it all squared and shimmed and solid (the studs have an amazing twist to them!) He got the door hung. He unplugged the buzzer on the washing machine. (Remember, when the Sears guy came out, he only unplugged the dryer buzzer, but I didn't know that til I put EmBaby down for a nap and threw in a load of wash. Short nap, that day.)

We took a break to watch Over the Hedge with the kidlets, who needed some 'nuggling. Enjoyed a delicious supper. Fretted over the temperatures and the heater. Zorak fiddled with his latest creation, a gift for Ward. I stained a coat rack for the nursery. We got all the children cleaned and loved on and put to bed. I straightened the kitchen, then cleaned the stove (unless you have the housekeeping skills of a German housemaid, do NOT buy an unsealed burner stove - just a tip from Auntie Dy)... and, and... gosh, I feel like we simply did not stop today, other than the movie break with the kids. Even that involved a lot of up-down-wrestle-move-up-down-chase-the-dog-off-the-futon (when did he get in??) Not much quiet time today. At all.

And we didn't call Gram. :-( We need to call her in the morning.

But now, I've got to go over lesson plans for the week. And sweep the floor. And try to figure out where the day went... hmpf.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

melissa said...

WOW! You really got a lot done!! AND you didn't neglect your children!! In my house that calls for celebration, my friend!

Melissa

melissa said...

Oh-yeah...one more thing from me: Check out my post, for the perfect celebratory drink. Drink this, and you and Zorak can throw your extra blanket on the kids, and you'll ALL be warm!

Jules said...

Yay! I can finally comment again! My comments were getting lost somewhere and I was feeling quite lost myself. let's hope this one works!

I love hearing about your house and how much progress you've made. Good for you! Take a sweeping look around at all the things you've accomplished and give yourselves a huge pat on the back.

Melora said...

Awww. It sounds like an incredibly productive day to me! I don't suppose that you have a 10-12 year old neighbor girl nearby (relatively speaking) who would like to come and play with the boys and Em while you paint? I had one once, when T. was small, and was able to get quite a bit of stenciling done in our bathrooms while she entertained my toddler.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you for stopping by our blog. And I had no idea my blog was eloquent...*blush*... thank you. We are in Marshall county out in the farm land ourselves. What is your email address so I know when you post? You sound so busy! Our house too in in a state of remodling...eeeck...I am about to launch into several events here at my house...maybe we are closer to you...I have a Historian coming in from Arkansas to our little ol' spot on the map to teach Civil War. She is excellent and travels the country side but only to the big cities I am so blessed she is coming here! I have families coming in from Montgomery for the event. I look forward to getting to know you better...and if you ever get bored working on your house there is plenty of things here to do *giggle* just kidding...my goal is to have most of it completed by April...~hey gotta have a goal right?~Great blog...