Saturday, February 17

Sweet Comfort

We all slept late, woke leisurely and snuggled. Then we scuttled into town for hardware (for the doors) and a memory card (for the gamecube). We were so tempted to stop at the buffet before we came home, but when we eat there, we accomplish nothing for the rest of the day. We come home, sprawl out like crime scene mock-ups, and digest. Instead, I threw granola bars at the kids and we kept truckin'. Came home to fix supper. And, oh, what a supper it was!

Steaks, sausages, smoked pork loins, pintos, steamed okra, corn on the cob, salad. It was like eating a Texas Pit BBQ in 18th Century size. Holy cow. But it's okay if we sprawl out like crime scene mock-ups now, because we got our work done before we ate. I love food.

Zorak and the boys are playing video games. I got the small ones bathed and jammied. (What is it about little ones that's just so heart melting when they're freshly bathed and all pink and fluffy?) And in a bit, I think we'll curl up and enjoy some stories. It feels like it's nearly ten o'clock, but according to the computer (which is, suspiciously, fast), it's only 7:10.

It's been a good day, and I'm thankful for it. Gonna go kiss my hubby.
Dy

3 comments:

Anniesue said...

Sorry I haven't commented in so long. I read faithfully just don't always take the time. Your day sounded wonderful but your dinner made me salivate. Thanks for sharing!

Bridget said...

Dinner sounds great, we are pretty fond of food here also. I know what you mean about a buttet, it does just wipe you out for the rest of the day.

Meliss said...

I only wash my baby once-a-week in this dry climate, but I love freshly washed babykins (though mine isn't pink when fluffy...the other boys would object!) Logan's hair still stands straight up in a downy crewcut and I love it when he smells of Burt's Bees oil or lotion.