Thursday, January 4

The Makings of A Stellar Day

"Mom, do you hear that?" We listen for a second, and hear music coming from the nursery. EmBaby has turned on her seahorse light and is singing along with it.

"Can I read a little more?" The child who, until just before Christmas, had no desire to read. Ever. Not if he could help it.

"My wart's dead!" OK, that one's just good stuff. Two kids have been slathered in castor oil, and now both are wart-free. (Though John's looks like there's another wave of the stuff coming up to die. Still, this is good news.)

"Can I teach it to you now?" *goofy grin* I. Love. That.

"Mmmm, this bread is good." Suckup. But I'll take it.

"What can we do to help you, Mom?" Bury me now. I can die happy.

"You want song? Me make soooong!" Smidge, who has graduated from Elfish and is now in his broken-english phase. So happy. And a great song, too!

Granted, today's not over, but it's a start. A beautiful, much-appreciated start. (I told ya yesterday was a preparation day!)

What makes a stellar day for you?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A stellar day for me is my husband coming into the kitchen and offering to wash the dishes or make dinner.
A hug from one of my kids for no reason at all.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Which, with all the sickness you've been dealing with lately, not to mention your mailbox, you were just about due! I love singing babies & enthusiastic learners.
A great day here is when we get through school in a reasonable amount of time, have some good outdoor playtime and plenty of stories, and everyone like supper!
I was so impressed to read that John is reading books in Latin. We are just getting going with Prima Latina (lesson 5). How long has John been studying? Are there very simple books in Latin that we might be able to have a go at in a few months?

Dy said...

Hey Melora, I'd love to say he's reading "books in Latin", but he's not. He's just able to read his Latin student text. We're using Latin for Children Primer A - the directions and such are in English. Fortunately, Latin's a pretty phonetic language, which makes it easy to read the vocab and grammar work that is in Latin. My big excitement today was over his asking to keep reading his assigned reading for the day - folk tales. But all in English, I assure you. ;-)

Bridget, oh, those are great stellar day things! Thanks for sharing them!

Dy

J-Lynn said...

Dy, I blogged about my stellar day/night last night before I even read this...lol Great minds...

Hugs