Saturday, January 27

A Few Quick Requests

Hey, guys, thanks for the feedback on the new layout. It is a bit less disconcerting now, isn't it? I'll tweak and fine tune a bit more later. Today, I worked on it until both my eyes and the children began to complain. And hey, if you ever wondered what a sepia text would look like, it seems we've found it! Just blends right in, doesn't it?

In the meantime, that little sidebar needs some lovin'. I got started, but obviously didn't get far before I gave up. Then PupDad informed me his blog has moved, which, honestly, I wouldn't know because I get to his blog from Alaska's blog, so I don't ever look at the URL. Actually, most of my blogrun is like that. You're in my speed dial, and I can get to you, I just can't tell anybody else how to find you. Please, if you know you really oughta be in there, leave a comment so I have all my info in one place. Think of it as your contribution to the Organizationally Impaired.

Oh, and for the record, that's not the Forever Home in the image. That's the barn. Just thought I'd mention that in case anybody was worried. ;-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

16 comments:

Jenni said...

I like the new layout--especially the banner at top. How did you get one of your pics up there? I tried and couldn't make it work, so I went with the Flickr badge.

melissa said...

Love, love, LOVE the new look!! The picture of the barn is awesome!! Where did you find the time? Heeyyyyyyy.......did you feed your kids yesterday?? LOL it really looks awesome.

Jennie C. said...

Well, I, for one, would like to be in your sidebar! www.armyofseven.blogspot.com

And I like the photo at the top...I haven't figured out how to do that yet!

Amy said...

This looks great! I'm impressed, particularly with the beautiful picture.

Love it!

Melora said...

I love your top picture! I knew it wasn't your house, and I wondered whether it was The Barn. Such a lovely piece of land!

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff... I'm going to miss your old familiar look.... But I do like the new picture.

Dy said...

Amy, I can get to your blog now if I click on the RSS feed, but now it won't let me leave a comment! WAH!

Jenni, Jennie C., the photo is *relatively* easy. I'll post an entry on how to do it. There are tons of tutorials, but none in, erm, English. ;-)

Melora, domeone who shall remain nameless (unless she outs herself) thought that was the house, so I thought I'd put a disclaimer there. I love that lower meadow, though.

momanna98 and Amy, thanks. I had a bit of a twitch when the new one came up, too. It's been the old layout for so long.

Um, Melissa, um.yeah... yeah, they, um, ate...

Dy

Needleroozer said...

Hey girl,
Lookin' good!
I posted a quick update on the job, call me for more of the scoop, and you wouldn't believe what I am going through to get the FYM enrolled at the high school!
LB

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I was there before or not, because I'm not sure that I ever looked. If you want to add me I'm http://www.mindspring.com/~rebel_hart

Rebel

Bridget said...

I would love to be on your sidebar, I love your blog. I'm www.doilooklikeabank.blogspot.com
I love the new look, especially the picture at the top.

J-Lynn said...

ROFL I'll admit it - I thought it was the house. Hey, I only see inside pics and they DO live in Alabama. ;-)

Kim said...

The colors are very creamy looking. Very nice.

I don't comment much, Dy, but you are on my bloglines, and I do keep up with you and your lovely family.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not going to beg if that's what you want. :-) I *might* however know where there are some Archway wedding cookies.


inthetwoacrewood.blogspot.com

It looks *great* Dy!

Laura said...

I like the new look! Does it accept commments nicely? Lately I seem to have trouble leaving comments at quite a few BloggerBeta blogs. The darned things don't like me and it's so frustrating to try three or four times to leave a comment and have it chewed and spit out in the ether. The I just give up and the poster has no idea I enjoyed the post and made a comment. Uggh! Anyway, all that to say, "Your new look is purdy!"

H said...

Don't forget me! Can I be in your blogroll too?

Please?

I do like the picture, and when you get the text the right color I think it will look really great!

Meliss said...

I don't know if, at my rate or quality of posting, I deserve to be linked in your sidebar, but I sure do enjoy your visits to my blog, and I love peeking in on your days.