Saturday, January 6

Blogging Around

Amy blogged a "Year of Blogging" the other day, posting the first line from the first entry of each month of the year. I thought that was fun, so figured I'd do it here. But first, a few things -

KathyJo has mastered the wheat-free loaf. Holy Cow, it's exquisite. And if she doesn't cough up a recipe soon, I may have to offer to birth her next child for her in exchange. Because I think even Zorak might eat that one!

Also, we watched Talladega Nights last night, and I've got to ask if anybody else who has seen the movie noticed a striking resemblance between Carley, and another Hooters Girl, erm, blogger we know and love (even if she doesn't blog regularly)...



And no, it's not a personality thing at all - just the physical appearance. Our M. is actually one of the sweetest, funniest ladies I've ever had the honor of knowing. We can't hate her because she's beautiful. (But seriously, she does look like Carley Bobby. It's eerie.) ;-)

OK, and now, A Year of Blogging, 2006:
Jan:
We're moving too quickly to stop and reflect.

Feb:
There's such a fine, fine line between a groove and a rut, isn't there?

Mar:
I think it's gone.

Apr:
There's no sensation quite like sauntering up to a service counter and saying, "We are doing this mongo project that's way over our heads, and in the process we've taken something apart that we aren't certain how to put back together."

May:
Laney and I have talked about it.

June:
Not actually fasting from the internet.

July:
Hello, hello!

Aug:
Well, first things first, we managed to get to the ENT's office on time, which is, in and of itself, a miracle.

Sept:
"Look, Mom," James calls to me from beside Emily, who was perched on a pillow, "A plate of laughter with a side of smiles!"

Oct:
OK, I am never doing that again.

Nov:
I had no idea trick-or-treating began around four!

Dec:
Andrew Lang's Fairy Tales - in their favorite colors!

I know, technically, December's is a sentence fragment. I was going to fudge that one, but the next three are also fragments. It seems 2006 was an interesting year. However it came out in words, it was good. Definitely good.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! We're pretty pleased with the bread, but I'm not sure it will live up to an offer of birthing a baby. ;) But I'll get the recipe posted later today, and you can let me know.

And hey, where did you find that picture of me?? :D Actually, there IS quite a resemblence between her and M. *sigh* I think I'm going to go console myself with ice cream. Quick! Someone remind me that I just had a baby six months ago!

Dy said...

Thanks. :-)

I have to remind myself that her Just Had A Baby happened nine years ago. (That gets me through.) Well, there's that, and the fact that she runs, and works out, and eats far, far less fried foods than I do. But I mostly just focus on the nine year thing.

Dy

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm gonna focus on the nine year thing, too. I'm not sure what the running, working out, and eating better has to do with anything. ;)

Janet said...

You need to link to M. I don't have a clue.

Did you like that movie? We haven't seen it but with our battery business and Nascar connection we laughed hysterically at the trailor.

H said...

I'm feeling out of the loop and 5th-wheel-ish.

*sniff*

Who is M?

Hillary :)

Dy said...

M. is the Incomparable Melissa, from Complete Chaos 4 Us (she's in the sidebar). And she is one of the few women I know of who could convince her husband she'd gotten on at Hooters (mine would never in a bazillion years believe me). (And if you missed that story, you have GOT to go read it. It's priceless.) She's just as lovely, but a whole lot nicer than the character in the movie.

Janet, you know, it's not one I'd watch with the kids, but we did giggle quite a bit. The Granny is my hero, that's for sure!

Dy

J-Lynn said...

Yes and the clincher is "M" is too flippin' nice to hate! I can't hate her because she's beautiful. Wahhhhhhh

Actually, there are quite a few bloggers I'd love to hate, including yourself Dy!

Hey folks, Dy is so delicate and beautiful looking so imagine my surprise when she lifted an air conditioner that I couldn't even *budge* and hiked it across the yard once. And she had just had John! LOL I'll never forget that Dy - you amazed me! ;-)

BTW, I'd like to think I could carry that a/c now but I'm not going to check it out...rofl

Thom said...

I love your summary of the year! LOL!

And yes, Carly Bobby did in fact put me in mind of my sister--but much nicer,of course!! She's always had that movie star glam thing going on. She's just cool,that way!!! :0)

Janet said...

Oh, yeah. M's a knockout! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thom, I've seen your picture, too. You girls were wading through one hell of a gene pool. :D