Wednesday, March 1

So here it is, Wednesday

I think it's gone. *shhhhh* Don't say that too loudly, though, okay? There might be something lurking under the deck, waiting for me to look just a little too complacent. But still, I think we're going to be okay.

This morning I thought to myself, "Slowly, slowly, I can feel momentum mounting again. The freeing sensation that we're going to accomplish something this week blows through me - like the wind before a storm. This is good." Then I think, "This is Lent. It's March already." We haven't even discussed Lent this year. (I spaced Ash Wednesday last year, and thought James would never forgive me!) And I realize someone's been slipping crack into my decaf: I'm not going to accomplish squat. This feeling is probably the giddiness of having showered yesterday. Ah, well, it feels good, so whatever works.

Zorak has a "meeting" after work today. It's one of those Beer Friday kind of things, but yeah, on a Wednesday. Gub'ment jobs are silly like that. I have a Suspicion he suggested Wednesdays so that he doesn't have to go to Pioneer Club, but considering all he does - both at work and here, for us - the rest of the week, I can't begrudge him that. I'd like to, but I can't. *grin*

The morning sun is shining, right in my eyes, as I type. I had no idea how distracting that would be. Makes it difficult to form coherent thoughts. And correct typos. It doesn't seem to be as bad when I'm driving. Or I ignore it. That's a little scary - the thought that hundreds of us cruise around, driving into the sun, and think it's not distracting us.

Well, here we are. Wednesday. The first day of Lent. The first day of March. Time to pay bills, go over the budget, buy more joint compound. Time to start awaiting the beginning of Spring. Time to buy the new Latin book for James. Time to dig out my clothes and look for sundresses so I don't melt this summer. Time to bathe the boys so they're clean and spiffy for church tonight. Lots of time today, lots to do. I am so rambling, and have to get off this computer before I burn my retinas from staring into the sun. Ugh. Will blog more later.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Needleroozer said...

And a good morning to yhou! I'd like some of that sunshine up over here, please.
It was great chatting with you last night,sory I signed off so quickly.
Hope you and the wee ones have a fantastic day. We are off to see the good grandma lady today.
LB
ps. check your email!

Needleroozer said...

Hi again! What was the name of that blog we were at last night that had me in stitches?
Thanks,
LB

Melora said...

I'm glad you all are feeling better. About time!
Our church thoughfully has a pancake supper on Tuesday night, so as to remind us that Ash Wednesday will be the next day, otherwise I would probably forget too.
Cordially,
Melora

Anonymous said...

Hi Dy!
I found your blog on the History of the World blog, and clicked on your name because of your comment about having three boys and then a girl.
I comment frequently on Quiet Life, which I noticed on your side bar, and as I looked over your site I could see we have a lot in common...Three boys (mine are ages 7 almost 8, 5, and 2 1/2) and then a girl, Homeschoolers, not fond of gub'mint...Then I noticed that our daughters have the same birthdate! Your Emily is a few hours older than my Sarah. Anyway, I bookmarked your site, 'cuz I thought that was neat, and decided to de-lurk and say howdy!

mere

Dy said...

LB - it's The Big Yellow house. :-) I really ought to update my sidebar *again*. There are at least three regular reads I need to add.

Gretchen - you are amazing! I hope and pray I can keep up as well as you do when mine are big and busy all the time. What do the boys do in track? (Me? Not a runner - I did the shot and tried valiantly, yet to no avail, to get our school to let girls compete in the javelin. I like the part about NOT running, myself.)

mere - Welcome to the front porch! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi, and Welcome to your sweet baby girl. Were you up all night in labor, too? Oy - these little Nightowls! LOL!

Lynette - man, oh man, do I hope your little ones are healthy SOON! We did the same thing with the doors and windows the past two days. I've probably let in a ton of allergens, but at least they aren't germs! {{hugs}}

Dy

Anonymous said...

Hi Dy!
No, Sarah decided to let me know she was on the way at about 4:30pm (upon my waking from a nap ;-D)and when we got to the hospital at about 8:00, I was already at 7 centimeters. She was born at about 10:30pm...very easy birth! She has since shown some night owl tendencies since then, though. Congrats and welcome to Emily, too!