Monday, March 27

Boys and Balto

Wow, I had forgotten that I have a better image editor on this computer than the Image Mixer Picture Editor software that came with our camera! Hopefully, much better photos will follow at some point, but tonight I thought I'd share a few quick pics of random things around here.

This first one is James, making a vase for the flowers the boys bought me. This was in January, shortly after Emily was born. Yes, we have flowers so seldom around here that we had no vases! I love my vase! (And I love that sweet boy.)


Smidge and the poky ball! A great find, as long as you don't fall and land on one. He's quite the adventurer. (And look, he's not asleep in this one, either!)


Here's John, getting his Big Brother Chet cut. (It's already in need of a trim. I know many women who would love to have hair that grows as quick as his does.) Doesn't he look so solemn?


And here's the Baltoid (and my high-fashion footwear). This was in mid-January. He's much larger now, but I haven't got a recent photo to show the enormous change. I'll get one this week, though. He's going to be a beautiful dog. Right now he's still a cute, gangly pup.


But now I need to ask a favor of you all. Would you please post photos of your windows?? I need ideas on trimming them out, and then on curtains. Pretty please? Just leave a note in the comments section w/ a link if you post them! Thanks!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

H said...

Oh! I made those vases when I was small. Cover the bottle with bits of masking tape, and then rub with shoe polish, right? I think my mom still has it. How fun!

As far as window trimmings, we just use blinds. Plain old white blinds from Home Depot. My oldest ds has dust allergies (among others) and drapes and curtains are huge dust-catchers. So are blinds, but we had to have *something* to protect the neighbors' eyes, and blinds were the easiest to clean.

Hillary

Anonymous said...

What room in the house, dear?
All my rooms have different window coverings. Some have just blinds, some have curtains, others have valances.
Leave me a note on my blog what pics you want.

-dawn

Dy said...

Yes, Hillary - that's it!

Well, for decorations (curtains, shutters, blinds, etc), any room you really love would be great. But I also would love to see the actual TRIM - the way it's finished around the glass, against the wall. :-) We didn't like the way it was done here and this is one of those "wow, so how do we want to do it - we can do anything!" moments. *sigh* I really have come to hate those moments... ;-)

Dy

Anonymous said...

Cool vase! I've never seen that done, but we may just have to try it out here.

Beautiful family. Adorable dog. Can't wait to see your curtains! :-)

Melora said...

Great pictures! Your boys are so adorable. James looks so sweet and serious in that picture -- you can just see the love he is putting into that vase.
Cordially,
Melora

Laney said...

Besutiful boys, cute dog, rockin' shoes!! :-)

I will post pictures of the windows a little later on today.

Jersey Girl said...

What sweet faces those boys have. Each one. Can we see the baby?