Monday, March 6

WAHOOO!!!

Oh, I am SO excited! Just got off the phone with Aunt B and it looks like Gram, Aunt Linda and Aunt JoAnn will be coming to visit in April! This is terribly exciting. They are just a blast to be around - funny, sweet, smart ladies who enjoy life and the people in it. This is going to be such a nice visit. It'll be nice to have company here at the Forever Home, too. They'll "get it", and will be as proud of Zorak as I am. (He's worked hard for this.) We'll enjoy showing them the work and the land. The boys want to show them their fossil and their rock polishing system down at the creek. I'm hoping they'll help me figure out how to set up a garden!

Gram is the boys great-grandmother. She's MY grandma, too, in many ways - I just had to marry Zorak to get her (but that was worth it.) She is sweet and funny and such fun to spend time with.

We haven't seen Aunt Linda or Aunt JoAnn in ages, so it will be wonderful to enjoy coffee in the mornings and get caught up on all they've been doing.

I'd like to show them the Botannical Gardens in Huntsville - things should be blooming and lovely there in April (I think - I don't know anything about plants, really). What else do you think might be fun?

Oh, and the food we'll get to prepare! What fun!

So. Big news. Lit a fire under Zorak, too. *grin* I know Aunt B said they're coming to help, but there are a few little things I know we'd like to get done before they arrive. It's the good stuff, though, not stressful things. This will be a fun month of preparation and anticipation!

Yay!
Dy

9 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Wow! That sounds wonderfully fun and exciting! We can talk gardens whenever you want to!
Boo:-( It just started raining. No gardening for me today.
LB

Bob and Claire said...

I know what you mean--it is so motivating to know people who are going to love your work are coming to visit! Sounds like it will be a great time!

I just read about your closet organizer battle, and I remember putting just one in, in our master bedroom closet in our old house. What a nightmare--it was definitely a project for Bob and me both! I can't even imagine having to do it myself! Yet they look so easy and self-explanatory on the box . . . LOL!

melissa said...

How exciting! That is great news! Just what you need to really make it "home".

Melora said...

What fun! I'm sure they will admire all you've done on the house (hope you took "before" pictures!), but, if they're anything like my family, they are really coming for you and the kids!
A visit to a botanical garden is April sounds good -- I'm sure you'll get great ideas for your own garden, too.
Cordially,
Melora

J-Lynn said...

Oh how fun, you're first family visitors!!!

Anonymous said...

How far are you from Atlanta? How about a trip to the new Aquarium? We are taking a few days in May to go visit- you have to make a reservation. What fun family visiting is always the best.
Lisa

Dy said...

Argh! ONE 'n' in botanical! ONE n! Sheesh. I should spell check when I'm too excited to proof-read! *sheepish grin*

We do have "before" pictures. They're nasty. LOL.

Quasi-mom, we're about five hours from Atlanta. I am chomping at the bit to take the boys to the aquarium, but don't know if it would be a good fit for the family visit.

I'm thinking the caverns would be wonderful if there's a hot day. The botanical garden, of course. Downtown Hartselle (which is just quaint and darling - I love it there!) I'm sure Zorak would like to show them the arsenal. I'll let them decide if they'd like to see the space museum and the art museum. And then there's just time taking walks, chatting on the porch, doing a few fun things around the house. Our little community will probably have some activity at the old courthouse during that time. OH! And the wildlife preserve - that should be beautiful!

Wee. This is fun!

Dy

Donna Boucher said...

There is nothing better than spending time with family...especially when you have so many new adventures to share with them :o)

I'm so happy for you!!!

Jules said...

That sounds like fun! I love having visitors when they can come and stay for a while.

Hopefully they will be able to help you with the garden thing.

I hope you enjoy anticipating their visit! ;)