Thursday, March 16

Living Life in 15 min. Increments

We are Crisis Cleaning today. (Company coming tomorrow, and the lived-in look has been stretched a bit too thin to pass for construction dust at this point.) So, I have 15 minutes to blow - we've cleaned the kitchen and living room and have hung/put away our clothes - but the General board at WTM is down and I'm all caught up on my blogrunning. *sigh* What's a gal to do?

Why, blog, of course!

Amy tagged me, but I'm going hold off on doing it to see if I can find a cool old photo to post with it. It was fun seeing hers. (Come to think of it, I still haven't done the one FarmGirl tagged me with from a month or so ago. I am really bad at team games, aren't I? Sorry.)

Tomorrow is Friday, and it brings with it a flurry of remodel activity. I love payday!

We're going through the pantry today to figure out what we need to buy and what we just aren't eating much of. Then I've got to refigure our meals. This morning I went low-maintenance for breakfast and served hot rice w/ milk, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. The boys ate it like I'd served them ice cream. That makes me leery, but hey, it's enriched rice and there was milk, and cinnamon... um, is tree bark a food group? It should be. When you have three small boys, that's an easy one to get in a full RDA's worth!

Well, there goes the timer. Time to get back to work! Have a wonderfully productive day!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

Melora said...

I think rice and milk is a lovely breakfast! Tasty, nutritious, and economical.
Enjoy your guests!
Cordially,
Melora

Spinneretta said...

Sounds like rice pudding to me... and what's wrong with rice pudding for breakfast? it's a cereal!

Hope your tidying worked! If it didn't you can just claim it is all part of the improvements to the house ;)

Amy said...

That was dessert when I was a kid. Seriously, my mom always made extra rice so we could eat it for dessert. I adored it.

I tried it out on Luke and Peyton last week. They practically spewed it across the table.

We're having some food issue around here.

Dy said...

ROFL, Rachel - rice pudding?!? Ack, I think I'll just keep calling it "hot rice". That sounds like far less of a loser-mom breakfast than "pudding". *sigh*

Amy, they didn't like it? Wow, my mom used to serve me rice w/ sugar and butter for dessert, too. I think I was 12 before I could fathom rice as a side dish to a meal. You know, with salt and pepper? Ewwww. (I'm over that now.) I wonder why the kids didn't like it? Good luck working through those food issues.

Dy

melissa said...

O.k., if I didn't KNOW you, you woulda lost me on that whole southern thread. And....umm...you keep talkin' like that and see how many friends you make down there...(you and your flat hair...sheesh!) (BIG GRIN!!)

Sounds like y'all are really getting it done! That is so awesome. Glad that you are finding your "people". It's all good, Dy. Have a great day with your company. I know that the boys are just lovin' it!

Jules said...

Mmmmm... sounds like a terrific breakfast to me!

I had to laugh at your tequila post- and the southern one too. What a hoot! What are hookworms anyway? They sound gross. Makes me kinda glad we live up here in the great white north. ;)

Amy Pearson Photography said...

Dingbat me just figured out who that nice Dy was who came and visited my site ages ago. Whoops! Glad I tracked you down. ;-)
LOVE the rice idea. I just may try it on my tribe tomorrow morning. Sure sounds better than sugar smacks getting stuck on my socks. LOL!

Janet said...

"They practically spewed it across the table." Oh, Amy, if I would have had something in my mouth at the time I read that I would have spewed it in to the screen!!!

Dy, you are so smart to set a timer. Do you do that often or just during crunch time?

Have fun with your company.

Love Janet, who has been reading quietly.