Thursday, March 23

Oh, YUM!

For a snack today, we mixed up a batch of the Sweet Vanilla Milk from the Hillbilly Housewife. (The recipes are about 2/3 of the way down the Powdered Milk page.)

Can I just say WOW-YUM-HOLY-BAT-COW-BATMAN! That is one delicious recipe. I imagine it's even better warmed... with a cinnamon stick... and cookies...

Ok, ok, nix the cookies. Now I'm just feeling gluttonous.

How not to suck down the entire 2Qts. while the boys aren't looking... hmmmm. (Gotta do it while they aren't looking, though, because I think they'd fight me for it if they saw me.)

Tonight we'll try the molasses milk! Mmmm.

Kiss those babies!
Dy

3 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Cool! I am out of molasses, but you know that sounds like something I would like.
I have been enjoying raspberry syrup in my milk lately. I think it is because it's the only bottle of syrup left in the cupboard! Rosewater is good,too.
I also like to make an orchatta (sp?)now and again to go with hot Indian food.
LB

Anonymous said...

Hi, love your blog. I'm new to homeschooling. We will be starting the end of Aug '06. Is there a way to link to your post? I didn't see one. I use homeschoolblogger.com. I'm using WTM as my base for curriculum. Read you later!

H said...

I didn't know you could add any flavoring to milk other than chocolate.

I don't know if I'm quite brave enough to try something new, though.

Maybe I'll see if the boys like it first, before I try a sip......