Tuesday, February 28

How cute!

Our library calls to remind you when your books are overdue, and I have to say I've never had a sweeter "bring us our books" call in my life. The lady who called had that perfect Elderly Southern Belle voice - she was just too cute. Fortunately, we have the books in a pile by the front door and as soon as I finish loafing on the computer and hanging the next load of wash (it's still spinning, which is why I get some loafing time), we're heading out the door to return them and run a few other errands that've been mounting this month.

It's another gorgeous day here in Forever Land. Sunny, slightly breezy, and relatively arid. I'll take it! If it could be like this all the time, I'd be in heaven. There's a spot in the back yard area that is just begging for a bench swing for reading. I could hear it while I was out back this morning. "Bring me a swing and discover me! Come, little one! Bring a blanket. Coffee. And snacks." Either we are totally attuned to this place, or I've gotta get out more.

One of the errands on the agenda is to pick up a ball so we can play ball in the meadow. (I have no idea where all of our other balls went, unless Zorak and I threw them out in one of the moves - which is totally possible.) The boys are excited, mostly just looking forward to playing outside and enjoying a nice day. It just hit me that I'll need to get a ball that's Balto-proof. Maybe a soccer ball?

Zorak finished the chase for the gas vent last night. It's in one of the bedroom closets, and we set it so that we can build shelves along the little section that's left. It looks great. It's also a reminder that I have a TON of texturing to do! Yikes! I'd better get on it and do a little catching up! Maybe that will be this afternoon's project?

On the homeschooling front (this reportedly being a homeschooling blog and such), I finally signed us up for two local homeschool support group lists. It's time to get out and meet some people. Local people. Friendly people. Homeschooling people. We need Our People, and the only way to cultivate that is to actually get off our butts and find them. The first step is admitting you haven't done that, right? So, that feels good.

And there's the end of the spin cycle. Off to be productive!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Needleroozer said...

How wonderful that your yard is beckoning you! Papa was beckoned by this yard immediately, which explains why it looks so nice, and I am still living with an icky inside, lol.
That's okay, I will take it- there are so many spots in this yard to beckon me, I love it!
Good for you on joining some groups. That should be fun for the boys.
Oh- about the banana muffin recipe- we still cannot find it anywhere, boo hoo. When you send it, could you send that bread pudding recipe you teased me with before I got sick? I'd like to see about modifying it.
Talk to you soon,
LB

Needleroozer said...

P.S. Maybe we can IM or talk soon. I am missing you!
LB

Dy said...

We're back - we made it. We now have not one, but three outside balls (yippee!). The nice library lady forgave my late fees since I had four sick children (Bless her!) And we're having spinach lasagna for lunch! It's a good, good day. Oh, and it hasn't rained on my wash today. Always a bonus.

Dy

melissa said...

Hey girl! Sounds like an awesome day! Good luck with the Balto-proof ball, we have yet to discover one that our dogs can't puncture! the kids are REALLY quick w/ a basketball!
So glad that we caught up last night...it's always a pleasure to talk till we're cut off!
Enjoy the day!
Melissa