Friday, April 15

Moving Weirdness

The phone woke me this morning. It was the moving company, calling to let me know the truck will be here "any minute". Gee... thanks?

It arrived. The first question the driver asked was, "Where do you want us to put the washing machine?" Huh? What washing machine? We don't have a washing machine.

Zorak came downstairs, looked at the crate, cocked his head to the side and said, "I don't think that's our stuff. We didn't have a washing machine."

Silence.

The seeds of panic beging to set it (oh no! they've brought the wrong crate!), when I recognize the swing set... and the hand dolly... and... oh. Yeah. Um, we do have a washing machine. Well that's what I get for trying to interact with the public before I've had my morning coffee!

In our defense, we haven't seen it in a year and a half. We didn't have it long before we packed it up. And we really weren't all that attached to it. Does that help our case any? *sigh* I hope so.

On the upside, the washing machine and the playground-sized swing set made up a good portion of the 700 pounds of "stuff" we had left in storage. Yay! That translates to "not very much else left", which is a good thing. Also, there are five boxes lost to the depths of storage blackness. Don't know where they are. Can't tell what was in them from the descriptions on the packing sheets. (Who knew doctors filled out those sheets? Or, they might as well, for the legibility factor.)

So we're on track. Things are looking good. Thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts. Keep the humor coming, though. That helps more than you know!

Oh, Fitsy, I was going to say that we'll drink any coffee we can get. We drink too much to afford to be persnickety about it. But I was wrong. We have finally found a coffee we cannot handle: Richfood brand coffee. (It's the Shoppers grocery store brand.) It is b-a-d. Beyond bad. Coming from a woman who has been known to add water to a half pot of coffee and run it back through old grounds because she's out of coffee and the market is closed... this is bad.

Tomorrow we load! *maniacal laugh*
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Libby said...

Um, congratulations on your "new" washing machine. :)

And good luck with the move!

Amy said...

How exciting! A washing machine!

I resent the suggestion that doctor's have bad handwriting. I don't deny it... just resent it.

Now am I missing something here... have you actually found a forever home, or are you just expecting to find it quickly once you get there?

Amy

Amy said...

How exciting! A washing machine!

I resent the suggestion that doctor's have bad handwriting. I don't deny it... just resent it.

Now am I missing something here... have you actually found a forever home, or are you just expecting to find it quickly once you get there?

Amy

Julie D. said...

I am so excited because I FINALLY got into your comments boxes ... I've got to be extra determined at your place for some reason...

ANYWAY, you are the ony person I know who would forget they had a washing machine ... or maybe that says something about your ability to live in the here and now. I would have been wishing for it the entire time and have been so excited that it was one of the first things off the truck. :-)