Tuesday, April 12

I feel like the grape...

that got stepped on by an elephant.

Gonna let out a little *wine*

OK, things are coming along well. I think. I don't know. Somebody spilled something on the carpet, um, I don't know how long ago. It's dried. It looks permanent. Whoever brought the spot into being didn't think to mention it. I didn't see it until I dismantled the dining room table today, but considering the spot of the spot, I know who did it and can pretty much piece the process together.

*waves of flashback*

Unnamed child is enjoying a snack with unnamed accomplices. He is flailing his arms wildly while discussing something of truly exciting proportions.
*ker-plunk* Down goes a mostly-full cup of dark-colored beverage.
"Oops!" Unnamed child hops down, grabs the dishtowel from the stove and lays it gently over the spill. You know, to soak it up.
Still unnamed child hops gaily back into seat and resumes exciting adventure story, arms still flailing. This time, however, the story reaches its end, because the empty cup is in the sink.

Yeah, why mention that one to Mom? She always says, "It's ok if you make a mess, just be sure to clean it up." and "Accidents happen. Let's just clean it up."

*sigh* Sometimes they listen a little too well, don't they?

So, tomorrow we go make Smidge legal. You know, put him on the grid. It's going to be a one hour ride each way for who-knows-how-long a wait in the lobby to get one little card. I'm thinkin' this isn't the most effective use of my time, but then, this would also be a prime example of my mantra,
"If you'd done it when you were supposed to do it, it wouldn't be a problem now, would it?"
I'm going to eat the crow I've earned and try to show the boys that Mommy can face the natural consequences of her behavior with grace. (That's why I'm whining now, here, rather than tomorrow, 3/4 of the way to the Social Security office! See how wonderfully this all comes together?)

OK, break time is over. Thanks for letting me whine a bit. I do appreciate it. Zorak does, too, since I won't have to do it when he gets home. he he.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Laney said...

You?? Whining??? Oh no, I simply cannot picture it! You are Dy, mother of all things, forest goddess that all creatures adore!!LOL
Seriously,whine away honey, you deserve it!! If it's any consolation I only have a hard copy of a birth certificate for one of my three children. I did give birth to them, maybe not legally, with paper, but they are real!
Good Luck tomorrow. mAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU AS YOU ENTER THAT GOVERMENT AGENCY!!!!

Laney said...

Ah crud!!! Stupid caps lock! Why, why, why don't I proofread???
Laney

Barbara said...

Reminds me of the time, oh, a couple of days before closing on our house two springs ago, that I had to go spend time at the Social Security office in the City for... MY S.S. card. The only one I could find was the one I got when I was, what, 12? Not the same name or handwriting, if you know what I mean. Sigh. I was soooo stressed. I had a lot of paperwork with me to try to prove I was who I said I was. Yikes. It all went well, though.

Blessings on your move and your family, Dy.

Di said...

If anyone can forge the mighty bureaucratic river with grace, YOU can, Dy!

Take care,
Diane