Sunday, April 10

Morning Already?

Hi.

James came into our room about an hour ago, "so hungry, Mama". When you're not awake enough to form complete sentences, but must get the message out, that's hungry. Oats with maple sugar, sliced apples, warm cider and cinnamon toast. Yum.

He's still eating. So, I'm letting the caffeine absorb into my body. Slowly. I hope the others are still asleep when he's done so we can just sit and watch the robins in the yard, share a story and snuggle. He needs that. I probably do, too.

Last night, Zorak and I watched our screen saver for about an hour. That sounds a little strange, unless you know our screen saver is a slide show of all the photos on the computer. Then it's kind of sweet. It's random, so at one moment our boys are as they are now, and the next moment James is two, his face still round and his hair still downy soft. Suddenly John is barely walking, all wide-eyed and chubby. Smidge is a little grub again. Where does the time go? What will tomorrow bring? I don't know the answer to either, only that we need to keep these little guys in the forefront of our hearts and minds. They're so very important.

And so today we will pack the family room. It won't be a day spent solely on the boys, but we will spend time with them. More hugs. More laughter. More riddles. I think that's the key to avoiding sedation.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Stephanie Ozenne said...

That sounds like the best screen saver ever! How did you do that? Is it some feature that my computer has that I didn't even know was there? Good luck with the impending move...

Kim said...

You must be a pro at moving by now, Dy!

I'm envious of your screen saver. We don't own our own digital camera; we have to borrow one from hubby's office.

Our anniversary is next monday, and I was hoping for such a giftie, but I doubt it.

I'm thinking of you are you are busy packing.