Wednesday, April 6

Good Day With Bad Parts

I know, most days could be summed up like that. Today's bad parts, though, were really icky.

Lovely morning, plenty accomplished.

Icky meeting with Property Management Co. about terminating the lease early. (Shyah, like most of their ideas are even feasible!) It's okay, though, they don't have a key to the house so if they do decide to try to show it w/o us being home, HA! Good luck. Cretins.

We lunched with Zorak (always fun), except that as I pulled into the parking lot, I suddenly felt as if I'd been hit by a Mack truck. Full-on, no brakes. Every pore of my body hurt - not ached - hurt. Out of nowhere, I was exhausted, painfully exhausted. To give you a comparison, I have dragged my sick and severely dehydrated body from the bottom of the Grand Canyon on sheer willpower alone, and did not feel this bad. Came home and napped with the Smidge. I think the boys watched The Incredibles. Serious lack of parenting this afternoon, but thankfully I do my job 98% of the time so when this happens, nothing gets set on fire or severed.

We missed our Bible Study potluck tonight. It was for the best. Zorak came dragging in at 5:45 this afternoon, bathed in sweat, and pissed, er grouchy. Seems The Mistress is gettin' uppity and she made him walk her home... the last mile. So I asked what everyone would ask, "Why didn't you call?" This is not the question to pose to a man who has just had to push a motorcycle a mile uphill. His phone was in the Suburban, not with him.

Oh.

So, we got him rehydrated and he walked back to the corner gas station (where he'd left the ungrateful wench) to try to get her started and home. She made it 100 feet before dying again and he had to push her the other 500 feet home. *sigh* Evening of tinkering. Probably a week of tinkering.

Fortunately, since tomorrow's weather is "not guaranteed", the communal pot luck, hang-out-on-the-grass-and-eat-each-other's-food get-together with all the neighbors in our corner was moved to today. So the boys played. We ate. The boys went to bed late. Zorak relaxed a bit and hit the hay early. I'm going to join him.

Thank you for all the good wishes on the move. It will be another wonderful chapter in Our Adventures. It's going to go more quickly than I'd originally anticipated, but shouldn't be too bad. (This will be my mantra.) Anyone know if Rescue Remedy is addictive?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

melissa said...

Rescue Remedy? Addictive? Nah.... (I am your enabler).
O.K.- "Mistress",and "where we left the wench". That is funny stuff girl. See, it's not as bad as it seems, you still have your sense of humor!
One day, long, long,long LONG from now...Zorak will be able to laugh about it.
Hope that you are feeling better today. poor little rich girl. (wink)

Di said...

Hope you feel better soon, Dy. Two things on my "no thanks" list are: broken down transportation and Mommy illness. Sorry they were the double-whammy.

God's peace to you in the midst.

~Diane

Thom said...

Awfully sorry to hear that the Mistress is unwell. Hopefully she'll be up and running again soon.
And more sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I really don't know how you Moms do it when you're running on all cylinders. How you manage when you're sick is just beyond me.Hang in there.
Hope you're back up to snuff real soon! :0)

Cheryl said...

Yikes. That does sound like a bad day. I hope things are better today. (((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Praying that you're feeling better real soon. You probably have a lot to do in a very short period of time (with the move).

Laney said...

ROFL!! Dy, you are such a hoot!!! the word "wench" will be stuck in my mind for days now, I just have to find a way to use it, hopefully in a way that does not get me involved in a physical altercation! LOL!!

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Laney

Libby said...

Today we had gorgeous weather, and tomorrow it's supposed to be nasty. Hope your luck makes the opposite turn-around. :)

Kim said...

Feel better soon....to you and the Mistress!

Marla said...

Oh, man... Alabama??!! Already? Does this mean you'll be too busy for us to get together before you fly away? It's just starting to feel Springy here and I've been getting out with the boys more. Maybe we can still hit the zoo or something?