Friday, April 29

Catatonic Battle

It's hard to fight the good fight when what you really want to do is
just
stop
moving
.

BUT, (ta-da!) today we put on a good show. I started washing walls and taking a toothbrush to the window frames. Um, yuck. But then, just to liven things up a bit, I joined the family downstairs for supper, leaving the washbasin filled with dirty Pine Sol water and a nasty old toothbrush right where Smidge could find it after his bath. Who says moving is all work and no play? Sheesh.

In the past two days, the boys have blown their way through over 100 oz. of bubble soap. I don't mind, as it's kept them outside and happily engaged. Sadly, however, Jacob has actually ingested several of those ounces. When you're only one and a half, it takes a while to realize you should not (A) put the wand directly ON your mouth, or (B) eat soap... So tomorrow's fun is en route as he digests!

Thanks for the humor, guys. I'll have to get Kim's biker jacket so I can do the really cool break. It's just hard to do the Alias-style breakout with the baby in the sling and the boys telling everybody they see, "We're relocating to Alabama!" You know, kinda cramps the whole shtick. But that's ok, humor and faith will get us through this. Yup.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Linda said...

Dy, I should be in bed as it's past midnight but I thought I'd make one more stop...at your blog. Famous last words.

I'm enjoying the catching up! :-)

But I'm too tired to think of a witty comment...so I'll just say howdy!

(((hugs))) and blessings!

Anonymous said...

Alaska rode a 1981 BMW R65 for about 2 years! It was her "car" (we didn't own a car) from her arrival in CA to her pregnancy w/Max and it took her on our honeymoon :) So I've a little more experience with those than the other BMWs (what others? 1975 R90/6, 1987 R80 converted to R100 that I put 80K on, and helped my friend wedge an R100 motor and drivetrain into an R69s /2 chassis). I would love to help and yearn to offer expertise. Wind in hair is a great thing during stressful times. Even better when you know you'll make it home!

Would you or Zorak please e-mail me: a)what repairs have been done since it's purchase to correct what symptoms and b)what is the current symptom, as specifically as possible (exactly what does it do/not do under what circumstances)

Meanwhile keep kissing babies. :)

puppdaddy@puppdaddy.com

Thom said...

Hang in there, gal. The end is in sight and will be SO worth the effort!
You guys are in my prayers

Crissy said...

Smidge's baby teeth will have a fresh pine scent! That's gotta be better than a flouride treatment!

Crissy
Classical Home