Saturday, April 16

Hey now! Y'all be nice! ;-)

I mean, really. Ok, our townhouse includes a washer and dryer, so we haven't thought of ours since we left New Mexico. It was a busy summer. We moved, and the boys were sick with exotic random illnesses (one after another) the whole two months we stayed with family. And I was 18 months pregnant, in the middle of summer, uphill both ways. Then we moved into campus housing (anybody remember the spider hatching episode?) and had the baby a week later. We up 'n moved here two months after that. At some point between the baby and the cross-country trek, we splurged and spent $25 on a washing machine so Zorak didn't have to trek to the laundry once a week. You have to turn the knob with pliers because the knob part is missing. It sat in the kitchen, occupying a full 1/4 of the available floor space, and spent most of its time disguised as a dish rack and countertop.

...it's easy to forget these things when life is happening at full throttle. Really. Could happen to anyone. *grin*

So. *whew* We leave in the morning, at some unholy hour. We're so excited about the voyage. We haven't found our Forever Home yet (trust me, I'd have inundated the blog with images of the place by now!) We do plan to find it, if not immediately, then shortly thereafter. (What comes right after "immediately"?) We know it's there. It's waiting for us. And since we're pretty sure it isn't mobile, we must go to it. *play theme music in the background... no, not Sweet Home Alabama, play the theme from The Right Stuff... yeah, now you're with me.*

I'm not going to shampoo the entire carpet this trip, but that one stain (the one I mentioned earlier in the week) is terribly obvious now that all items are cleared away from the area. To make it worse, the boys found their baptismal crosses today and for whatever reason, left them laying around the stain. Zorak looked at it and said, "What's that, a faith cleaning?" Um. Guess I better get on that before bed.

We bought the boys t-shirts while in DC last time. They say "Future President". I'm thinking, yeah. It's possible. All three of them. These kids are made of some amazing mix of titanium and rubber. The really stretchy, flexible kind of rubber. They're exhausted and uprooted and in a total mire right now, but they're handling it so well! I'm in awe. (I'm also just a tad bit afraid of the nuclear chain reaction we may face at some point when the dust settles, but that's what chocolate an snuggle time is for.)

Melissa said this morning, "Wow, you're so calm." She meant it as a compliment, but I like her too much to let it slide. I had to 'fess up. I'm not calm. I'm borderline catatonic. What I lack in fortitude, I make up for in partial paralysis of my mental function. Zorak probably doesn't appreciate it, but it gets me through. And now we're here. We're at that part! I can't believe it!

I hope to blog from the road, so I'll let you know if we stumble upon our Forever Home anytime soon. :-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and yours for safe travel.

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you. Oh, and that virtual casserole you'll find at your destination? A housewarming present from me.

Sarah from Poppins

Di said...

My husband has a pin that says, "Outwardly Calm." Fits him perfectly! Maybe it should say (Inwardly catatonic?) Hey, if you are moving then all bets are off on mental functioning. I am s-c-a-r-y when I am moving. Keep laughing, keep singing, and enjoy your future presidents (-:

Happy Travels! Happy Dream Home!

~Diane

Donna Boucher said...

Happy Trails to Youuuuuu!

Traveling mercies too :o)

Donna

CarolynM said...

Praying through the journey...

L said...

Bon voyage, Dy and boys!

Can't wait to hear about the trip and the house hunting.

Julie D. said...

Keeping y'all in my prayers for a safe journey and easy settling in.

Anonymous said...

EWWWW! I remember the spider episode! You've been like a super hero in my mind ever since.

My prayers are with you as you journey ever closer to your forever home.

Love to you, Dy and family!
Crissy

Kim said...

Have a safe trip, Dy!

Hugs.

Laney said...

Jumping in really late but I wanted to send my well wishes! Safe trip and some prayers to accompany you!

Laney

Anonymous said...

Late here too. Dy, you are amazing to me. Keep up the great attitude and have fun. Be safe, I'll pray. Love Janet.

The Crib Chick said...

Aww...I hate that we didn't get together while we lived so close, but...never fear! Dh has a business trip to Alabama in June, and his sister lives near Montgomery, so we go there, too. Email me your #s, and other info when you get settled in, and maybe we'll hook up!

((Hugs)) to you through this crazy time. I know it's rough, but soon, you'll be *home*.

Jill

The Crib Chick said...

And, HEY! I just saw your article at speronews.com! Good on you! Do I even have to tell you I'm vigorously nodding my head as I read it? ;o)

You ROCK!!

Carla Lynne Klimuk said...

I love reading your blog! Always wakes me up in the morning! I hope you don't mind, but I placed a link to your blog on my site... Please visit and let me know what you think..

Another classic homeschooler,

Carla Klimuk
Mom to six
http://www.joysinthejourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Weird...could have sworn that I already posted, but it's not here. Anyway, you DO realize the best thing about Huntsville. It is the home of Space Camp!! David and KJ are hoping to go in the Fall leaving me to my own devices for a weekend in Alabama. Hmmm, might have to drop by for coffee.

Rebel

J-Lynn said...

OK - I talked to Dy after her 2nd day there and she was already friends with her hotel neighbors, she's amazingly friendly! ;-)

And she said it's just beautiful and just feels great to be there.

Thought I'd update and let you know she's safe, she'll have to fill in the rest. ;-)

Jess

Sheila said...

I've been trying to coment for days. (I forgot my password)
I'm so glad y'all arrived safe and sound. I hope the weather is doing OK.
I'm also you find that Forever Home real soon.
Keep kissing those boys.

Kim said...

I miss you, Dy!