Monday, May 5

Why We Haven't Blogged...

We have Our Nice Lady!!
We've been busy taking walks, chatting, checking out the birds and foliage (she knows WAY more about both than we do - YAY!)...
...snuggling the baby...

...doing art... (I swear, my kids have done more art in the last three days than they've done, cumulatively, in the last nine years! They're in heaven!)

...doing more art... (told ya!)

...and staring at the baby... (who has begun to stare back, and smile, and even sing)...

LB is the most gracious guest. I hope we can make her feel at home here. The kids adore her, and so do Zorak and I. This is when I wish even more than usual that we all lived closer together. There are many other things to post, and I'll do that in bits and pieces tonight - a beautiful blanket (two, actually!), a box of goodies, and some really great artwork.

Zorak worked himself to the bone over the weekend, but still made time to come up and do some of his famous Company Cookin' - we're feeding her well! (I hope!) The balcony is coming together, bit-by-quirky-bit. But I couldn't post pictures of that when I had pictures like this...

(Um, ignore the fly strip in the corner, please. It's been a weird week for flies.)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

14 comments:

Jennie C. said...

My goodness. That baby is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

How dear is this? Y'all look like you're having a fabulous time together. How lovely is that? Walks in the woods, parks, and gardens are such fun with folks that know about such things like LB, eh?
How's the weather? I see Miss LB has summer attire on? What a blessing. It's been so wet and cold here in her native lands. I giggled at your fly strip comment. We have funny flie days as well. All of a sudden, we'll have a "flock" sunning themselves where I swear there had been none just a day before. Part of the circle of life ~ and good bird food!
Thank you for sharing. Its great fun visiting both of your sites and getting a taste of your visit.

Pamela

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Great pictures.

Amy/The Foil Hat

Crissy said...

I'm so glad you're all having a wonderful visit.
LB, you did bring enough extra suitcases that you can pack 'em all up and bring them home, didn't you?!

;o)

Urban Mom said...

Ooooo, I'm so jealous of that baby-holding time! Urban Kid 2 will only barely tolerate it anymore. Also, Urban Kid 1 has the watch in the last picture. Too funny! Looks like such a fun visit!

H said...

Hey! Is that Needleroozer? Cool!

mere said...

I thought you were enjoying your company! Looks like y'all are having too much fun! I'm jealous too. Enjoy yourself!

mere

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading Needleroozer's blog linked from your page. Looks like you guys are having a blast.
-Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say a few things:
1. HI MOM!!!!!!
2. HI DY!!!!!
3. HI EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!
4. That looks like you are having a great time together and I am SO glad that you finally get to meet each other!!!

Piano Girl

Melora said...

What fun! Looks like everyone is having a marvelous time! I love house guests who play with the kids (and I've seen samples of LB's art, so I know they are learning neat stuff!).

J-Lynn said...

I want to snuggle the baby! Wahhhhhh but I'm glad LB is doing it for all of us that wish we could! ;-)

What an awesome time!!! LB you are like the best cyber-aunt ever! ;-)

Colleen said...

I will not be jealous.
I will not be jealous.
I will not be...
Oh, never mind. It's a lost cause. ;-D

So glad the visit is going well. We need a picture of the two of you together!

Cheers,
Colleen

Rebel said...

That is so cool! I was looking at the first pic and thinking that sure did look like Needleroozer. Then I realized it WAS her. I'm with Colleen on the jealousy issue though.

Anonymous said...

What fun seeing your cyber community getting in on enjoyment of your visit. I especially loved Piano Girls post:)

Keep creating that great time,

Pamela