Thursday, May 29

So Busy!

I have something Very Exciting to share! But I don't want to blow it just yet by saying anything without posting pictures. This is killing me. (No, we aren't pregnant, and nothing identifiable is actually growing in the garden.) Maybe I can pick up the construction debris enough to post pictures soon? (It's not a finished balcony, either - the rain didn't stop until last night!)

We've worked and worked and worked... and worked. Today we drive and drive and drive. Dentist appointment for me. Piano for the boys. Tournament games for all three kids. Plus, groceries and general planning/cleaning to do.

We get to rent-a-kid on Friday! Well, actually, it's another homeschooling mom who is loaning out her teenager for manual labor over the summer. :-) He's a very sweet boy to agree to come help, and it'll be a serious blessing to have those extra hands. He's a huge help to his mom, but they don't have any manly-man jobs left to do on their house, and she'd like him to have some experience in that realm. Definitely a win-win for everyone: he gets experience, we get help, and she knows he's with people who aren't going to use the Slave Trader method of motivation on her son. I hope we can find people to help work the boys if we're out of things for them to do when they're teenagers.

That said, I've got about half an hour to do some sewing before I need to start making phone calls. Have a great day!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Jennie C. said...

How tantalizingly vague!

Laura said...

Somehow I think you will find projects for your boys to do when they're older! Our 13-yr-old son is just now getting solicited by neighbors for yard work of various kinds, and he loves it. He tells me how the people give him ice water and a snack and make sure he takes breaks and rests in the shade. I think their kindness and concern for his well-being has made a bigger impression on him than the money!

Amber said...

Oh wow, can you imagine not having *any* manly-man sort of jobs left to do around the house?? *grin* Maybe in 20 or 30 years... but by then it will be time to start replacing stuff! But that sounds like a great opportunity for both parties, I bet this will work out quite well this summer. I hope you all get lots done!

(P.S. sorry if I submitted this twice, I accidently closed the window as it was submitting)

Jules said...

Wow! Can I get one of those? ;)

I have been catching up on your posts since being gone all last week and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading about your family. You never fail to make me laugh and I love hearing about your day-to-day.

Thanks for sharing!

Melora said...

Oooh! Now that Is exciting!
Travis has been complaining lately that our property is much too small to make working on it Exciting and Manly. (This is because of spending Thursday nights with friends who have big acres with a pond, woods, livestock, etc.) He says that if we had a Farm, he would love to work on it, but our little little 3/4 acre is just unworthy of his efforts. (He has yet to move my mulch mountain.) I hope your borrowed teenager is full of energy and ambition, and enjoys the opportunities your property affords. Watching you and Zorak get things done really will be a valuable learning experience for him!

pilgrimama said...

Wow,I'll be anxiously waiting for the mystery to be revealed!

J-Lynn said...

Hey I tried to call you back yesterday. I want to know! ;-)