Tuesday, May 20

More?

Oh, man. Nobody warned us that Brindlee Mtn. is WAY. THE. HECK. OUT. THERE. Or, that it's atop an actual mountain. (I didn't know we even had mountains around here!) It took longer to get to James' game last night than it takes Zorak to get to work in the mornings! AND, since it was way the heck UP there, as well, although it was 81 at our place, it certainly wasn't 81 up there. We froze. We also didn't get home until ten.

The kids played hard last night. The final score was 23-4. I hate games like that, even when we're the ones with 23 runs (and we aren't always - our kids have had their share of spankings this season, as well). There are 11 other children who played hard, stayed up late, and still felt the disappointment of getting spanked on the field. We much prefer a close, well-matched game, for overall enjoyment factor. The team our guys played, though, had some players with serious heart. One kid got "cleated" - our guy slid into the base just as their guy reached down with the ball and, *ka-pow* cleats to the back of the hand. Yeouch. I can't believe he shook it off and stayed on the field! I'd have spent the rest of the game at the snack shack, trying to get free sno-cones "for my hand".

Gotta call the dentist today. Last night one of my crowns fell prey to a killer grilled cheese sandwich. *sigh* Go figure, it's the one I paid almost $2000 for in Arizona. The one I paid $350 for in Mexico is still standing strong. Gah, I'm so over the dental issues.

Today, also, we've got to straighten the wall in the barn garden, and finish baiting the fire ant mounds. Thrills-a-minute this week, folks! Just wait til Thursday, when we sort underwear drawers! You won't believe what wild and crazy guys we are!

Ok, ok, now I'm just getting silly. I'm going to go. You have a great day. I'll post pictures tonight, or something. To make up for the lousy posting this week. Honest. :-)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Lousy posting?! There's no lousy posting around here! Just real life, which happens to everybody, I'm afraid. :-)

Anonymous said...

You never have lousy positngs. I always enjoy, and appreciate your sharing!
Create a great Tuesday,
Pamela

H said...

You had dental work done in Mexico?!?!?!

You are BRAVE!

Dy said...

LOL, Hillary - we weren't brave, we were BROKE! But, as it turned out, we rec'd much better care there than we've ever rec'd in the States. Dr. Rubio and his staff are awesome. If I had a month to sit on my butt, waiting, I'd go stay and just have *everything* redone in four visits and call it good.

Thanks, Pamela. :-)

Jennie, Uh yeah... it does that, doesn't it? :-P

Dy

pilgrimama said...

I've had awesome(and cheap)dental work done in Costa Rica. 190 dollars for a root canal. Very high tech service. The thing with it was,it took a bit of searching to find a GOOD dentist! Maybe take a vacation?? :) Marci

Anonymous said...

Have I a wonderful suggestion to replace your adventures planned for Thursday--come to my house and help butcher chickens!!!!!!

Ha!

I did reply to your Q about closeups: http://shadesofwhite.typepad.com/shades_of_white/2008/05/what-is-it.html#comments

No babies to kiss. I wonder what my teen boys would think I had been drinking if I started trying to kiss them? JM has a personal space bubble the size of the International Space Station...

:) Jean