Sunday, May 18

ONE PIER!

That's all that's left to pour! There's one support post up, and Zorak plans to hit Lowe's on the way home tomorrow for ledger board/band board, and columns! WOOT!!

I wish my progress was as exciting. It wasn't. We sifted the closets. Had the boys try on *everything* in there. Took out the winter garb, put it in a pile. Took out things that don't fit, put them in a pile. Set aside the things that are not in good repair any longer, put 'em in a pile. Took out things they just don't wear, put those... in a bag. (The piles were starting to irritate all of us at that point.) The clutter sneaks up on me, season after season. Thank heaven for Spring Cleaning, no?

Smidge, EmBaby and I went to the feed store to see about buying a Croton (thanks, Melora - that's just what it was!!), but they don't have a supplier for them. We'll have to go back to the fruit stand for those. We bought two hostas, instead, and they're sitting out front, waiting for to the muse to move and show Zorak and I where, exactly, to put the holes.

Saturday was a whirlwind of activity and stoopid Home Depot employees. But it was a good day, other than that. So, all-in-all, all is well. I'm just too pooped to write tonight, and have too many thoughts bumping into each other to make any of them make sense individually.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ah, the semi-annual clothes shuffle... I'm in the midsts of that too. The challenge is compounded by adding in a new little person and trying to figure out adjust my wardrobe for the gigantically pregnant/post-partum stage I'm currently inhabiting. Ah, where's a mu-mu when you need one? I'm about half-way through right now, and the top of the kids' dresser is covered with piles. I'm hoping to finish up today and hit town on Wednesday to fill in any necessary wardrobe gaps. That is, so long as I don't suddenly go into labor or something. *grin*

Urban Mom said...

What IS it about Home Depot employees? Urban Dad had to stop in last week, and they were so NOT helpful... again!!! He just shakes his head and say, "never mind, i'll figure it out."

Glad that so much progress is being made!