Monday, August 27

Wrong Day

Got up this morning at five-thirty. Gathered the trash. Dropped it off the balcony. Couldn't find the bumper buddy, so I asked Zorak about it as he headed out the door. He blinked at me a few times, trying to figure out why on earth I would need the bumper buddy. Then he said I could probably use the pickup when he got back tonight.

"Well, that's silly. The garbage men will have come and gone by the time he gets home tonight," I thought. But he was looking at me so intently, I knew I had to be missing something.

I was.

Trash Day is Tuesday on our street.

Ah. Yes. Well, then, carry on. I'm... I'm up for no reason.

I think I'll just get started on the day, then. Beginning with studies on the porch and some delicious, fresh coffee.

Happy Monday!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Needleroozer said...

I was off by a day all last week!
What is a bumper buddy?
LB

Dy said...

Oh, it's a wonderful device that fits on the trailer hitch. You can a picture of one similar to ours, here: http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/DeeZee-M051-p-cargo-carriers.html

Ours has hauled an upright freezer with luggage and a deer, all at once. I love that thing, and when the pick up isn't available, I can put it on the Suburban for hauling the trash to the road for pickup (tried walking it down, but I got run over once the trash can got momentum) without putting the trash inside the Suburban.

Love that thing!
Dy

Needleroozer said...

That does look useful!
Hey- do you have a good recipe for a wheat-free regular loaf?
Going wheat free again in Sept.
LB