Tuesday, August 28

Football

Well, the boys had their first game Saturday. As you can tell, the siblings were there pretty much for the food. (Pardon That 70's Hair on the boys. John is growing his out so he can be Harry Potter for Halloween, and I haven't mustered the umpf to break out the sheers for just Smidge.) The players gave it their all. It was hot. It was sunny. It was hot. Zorak and Me-Wa thought the game was pretty good. Me-Tae and I thought the kids were just adorable. (I'm guessing some of us didn't get the point of being there? Either way, it was okay.) It'll be a lot better when it's not so hot.

Here's James, lining up. Can't see him? That's okay, neither could I, most of the time.

This was at practice the day before. (Also hot.) They were doing running drills. Not my idea of fun, but the boys do it with a great attitude. And there's gatorade and granola waiting in the cooler.

Also at practice. I've not quite got the Herding of the Cats figured out yet, so the picture taking is a bit off. The football field isn't as sibling-friendly as the baseball field is, and the herding process must be a bit more pro-active at the moment.

This was supposed to be a collage. I don't know why it's not. But I'm up, and the garbage is at the road. The coffee is hot, and life is good. What's a formatting snafu here and there, right?
Posted by Picasa
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Melora said...

Oh my goodness! James is just the cutest little football player I've Ever seen! I hope he is enjoying the game.
When our kids played baseball in the spring, the coach made a point of telling the parents (who all had a turn at supplying refreshments) that the after game snacks were a Very Important part of the game.

Bridget said...

I love the football pictures but I am a little partial to them. You are so right, football is way different than baseball. Our first game is in 2 weeks.

melissa said...

Awwwwww!!! Love the pictures!James looks like he's having a great time!