Wednesday, August 29

Overheard

While reading The Seven-Headed Serpent from The Yellow Fairy Book:
"Every year you must bring me from among your people twelve youths and twelve maidens, that I may devour them. If you do not do this, I will destroy your whole nation."

Then I heard a wee Smidge voice say, "Well, that was rude!"


**********************************************

James, during a water break at practice the other day:

"You know, I've been thinking. Nuclear power is clean and efficient, but the problem is that the little waste that's left is radioactive. There's got to be some way to use the waste itself to create more energy, and in doing so, destroy the waste."

(OK. Yeah. Good that you're thinking of these things, but perhaps on the field isn't quite the place for pondering this? Although, this does explain how some things simply aren't good combinations.)

**********************************************

John, while reading about Augustine's arrival in Britain:

"What was that king's name again, Ethelburp?"

**********************************************

And Em, The Great Adventurer, wearing a Toobers-and-Zots crown, armed with a PVC pipe sword she built herself, wearing a cape-backpack combination thing, running down the hall,

"Oh! I pooped! I pooped! Ow! I pooped!"

Her subjects fled in terror.

**********************************************

They make me smile. They make me think. They make me laugh. I couldn't ask for more.

kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Spinneretta said...

Those are great...
philosophical thoughts on the ball field... and all :)

Sheila said...

Hey...did you know that all the fairy books are available as audio books on itunes?

They have a section called itunesU or you can google lit 2 go to get links to the files.

I saw the vaeious colored fairy books and thought of you. (Now to go actually read your post.)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Thank you for the laugh!

What do James' peers think of his comments?

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Ok, and I'm STILL laughing about EmBaby.

Melora said...

Your kids are so Funny! Was James discussing nuclear power with his teammates? It is about time someone figured out something sensible to do with nuclear waste, and maybe James Will be the guy to come up the great idea!

Jules said...

LOL!! Funny kids!

Bridget said...

Thank you for the laughs. Ashleigh used to say "I dirty pottied, I dirty pottied" we used to get a good laugh out of that.

Needleroozer said...

Too funny. Thanks for taking the time to share with us!
LB

J-Lynn said...

ROFL Does James like football yet? lol I think he needs to be on a debate team instead... he's such a neat kid!

rOFL at the others too - hysterical and smart!

Meliss said...

Oh, Thanks for the laughs!!

James is a thinker isn't he? His comments that you post always sound so mature to me.