Monday, August 13

High School

I stole this from Staci. She didn't tag me, but that's okay. She likes me, anyway. :-)


1. Who was your best friend?
I don't remember having a best friend in high school. I did have several wonderful friends, though.

2. Did you play any sports?
Track my sophomore year, but that was b/c my ride also did track and I needed something to do. I wasn't a sportsy person. At least, not until I became an adult and "backpacking" was considered a sport. :-)

3. What kind of car did you drive?
1971 Chevy pickup. Still have it.

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
Hmmm, either at work or out with friends.

5. Were you a party animal?
The mere thought makes me laugh.

6. Were you considered a flirt?
I cringe to even think about it. I didn't think so, but looking back, ugh, probably.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?
No.

8. Were you a nerd?
Definitely.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
Oh, no. Nono. That would have been terrifying.

10. Can you sing the fight song?
Too many high schools, and I never learned any of them.

11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Barbara Harber, the Academic Decathalon teacher.

12. What was your school mascot?
Freshman year - Badger Pups
Sophomore year - Bears
Junior year - Eagles
Senior year - Badgers, then Matadors

13. Did you go to the Prom?
Twice, but not my senior year.


14. If you could go back, would you?
No. I survived, and did it almost solely so that I could live this very life. While it's tempting to go back and undo the stoopid mistakes, that would also undo who I am now. Sort of that whole killing a butterfly thing. Makes me twitchy.

15. What do you remember most about graduation?
It was hot. My mother was mad that I wanted to go to dinner with friends and not out with my family (Mom, sister, and niece). I had agreed to go out with family, but Mom pitched such a fit during the actual ceremony that nobody wanted to go. So we skipped it. Niece went out and partied with the kids who graduated. *sigh*

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?
I have no idea, but I was on campus somewhere, in classess and all that good stuff.

17. Did you have a job your senior year?
Um, yes. I worked as a telemarketer. I did a buttload of volunteer work, also.

18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Jr. year, we went to Dion's pizza. Sr. year, we all walked to somebody's house for lunch. There were four of us all within two blocks of the school that year.

19. Have you gained weight since then?
Not really. I wasn't what you'd call "wispy" to begin with.

20. What did you do after graduation?
Went to see my Dad in the hospital, then back to the hotel.

21. What year did you graduate?
1991

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date?
I didn't actually go to prom my Senior year. Junior year I went with Dale Hester. He put so much into making it such a sweet evening. Good guy. Sophomore year I went with Paul Lee, one of my dearest friends - we doubled with another friend and his girlfriend (that was awkward, actually). Both were great guys, and we had a lovely time.

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion?
I'd wanted to go, but the date conflicted with Corona Days. I'm glad we went to Corona Days, with family, instead. Those are the people who mean so much to me now, and that was good. Maybe I'll catch the 20th?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Scary. I just don't want to think this much about high school!

Needleroozer said...

Neato, you did it too! Here is mine.
LB

http://needleroozer.blogspot.com/2007/08/high-school-meme.html

Rebel said...

Cool, I may steal this from you.

Dy said...

Oh, yes, steal away, Rebel! (I think you should include pictures, since you're good about posting pictures! *wink* That'd be cool!)

LB, very fun!

Jennie - yeah, I didn't want to, either, but I couldn't think of anything else to blog. I was really tired. :-D

Dy

Rebel said...

Okay, I did it complete with pictures.

Bob and Claire said...

Oh fun! I just spent the day yesterday with a friend from high school, so I was already in the reminiscing mood. I think I'll do this as well.

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I got worried when I started reading this one. Wasn't sure if you were going to publically post the whole "DANNY" thing or not. Heh Heh Heh! Not to mention the rest of the long hair satanists that were drawn to your side. I do miss Dion's and you for that matter. I know I know my correspondence sucks. I'll try better, have a lot of news to catch you up on.