Thursday, August 23

Hey.

Whew, long day. Longer day tomorrow. Saturday, I think I'll leave a trail of cereal around the kitchen island, and put out sponges soaked in milk. Sort of a deranged breakfast bar. Might stick some fruit on all the chairs, too, for nutritional balance. As long as nobody feels the need to inform the kids that this is a weird thing to do, I'm pretty sure they'll think it's a splendid way to begin the day. (It would be for me, as long as it bought me an extra hour of sleep.)

You know, this week has just about killed me, and I've spent the day wondering why. Why are people doing stoopid things? Why is my husband coming to me with really bad ideas, expecting me to leap at them with gusto and filial joy? Who stuck turkey slices to the couch, and why? (And when, come to think of it? I don't remember serving turkey...) Why are my nostrils stuffed up when I don't have a cold or allergies? Why am I so unbelievably tired all the time?

No answers, but I was startin' to feel like a real pansy.

Then a friend mentioned that she really thinks I ought to play the pregnancy card more often.

*ding-ding*

Oh. I get it now. Not that it's a card to play, but, der-de-der, I'm nine or ten weeks pregnant. I'm nauseaus. I'm hot. I'm hormonal. And I'm not sleeping well. I think we have a winner!

Really bad ideas are STILL really bad ideas, and I'm not going to be happy about them, pregnant or not. And I'd still love to know where the turkey came from.

But at least this answers *some* of my questions. I guess it would be boring to have *all* of them answered, right? (Right?)

Well, then. We're good.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Jennie C. said...

When I was pregnant with Penelope, I had a few unusual pregnancy issues, which my OB wrote off. Of chief concern to me were headaches, because I'm not headache prone, but I was having them every day, and tylenol wasn't helping. Or coffee. Or chocolate. In my search for an answer, I found a website, blueribbonbaby.org, which recommended a really high protein diet. My regular diet is pretty carb heavy, and I don't think I was getting even 20 grams of protein a day at that point, so I gave it a try. I figured it couldn't hurt, at least. Not only did my headaches disappear within a couple of days, but I had a lot more energy, too. I just checked the site, and it's nicely updated, which is good because a lot of the links were broken when I used it. Anyway, highly recommended for pregnant mommas! The only downside is that it might grow a bigger baby. :-)

Oh! Try adding a B-vitamin supplement, too!

I think that's enough unsolicited advice for one day!

Ritsumei said...

Pregnant - fabulous! A new baby to kiss! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Uh, since you're thinking of sticking fruit on the chairs, maybe you're the one who stuck turkey slices to the couch? You know, pregnancy amnesia?

Congrats on the new little classic adventurer!

momanna98 said...

HAHA! You crack me up!
And, um.. although I am thrilled you were reading my blog, GO TO BED, GIRL!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

ahh the pregnany card. Im only about 5 weeks and last night around 9:30 I told the hubby the baby had to have a bannana split. Mind you we live far from town but he still tookme there. Im glad to know that in other homes people are finding food in the couches too. Yuck!
angela

andie said...

The stork brought the turkey slices (yeah, kinda sick, huh?) and um, Zorak is suffering from pregnancy brain.

Mysteries solved. Now, go play that card and sit and rest for a bit.

And eat some protein.

:)