Wednesday, November 15

What's For Supper?

Here, we're having potato soup, fresh salad (boiled eggs, cheddar cheese, Dubliner cheese, red bell peppers, green peppers, onions, celery, all decorated with greens), and fresh breads.

For those who are WF/GF, if you haven't tried the French Bread rolls recipe in GFG Bakes Bread, OMG - they're to die for! And even better, if you just make one large lump on a baking sheet instead of little dinner rolls, it comes out flat enough to be used for foccacia, but just thick enough to be sliced horizontally and toasted for breakfast bread or used as sandwich bread. I think I'm in heaven, and I know John is!

We had a tornado watch today. James stayed in the hallway, with full canteens and his shoes on, reprimanding me on each trip I made up and down the hall for not keeping the baby by the basement door "just in case". We stayed home, cleaning, making sure we have enough clean clothes and pre-cooked food to get us through a power outage. (I live in fear of losing power with a washer full of wet clothes. Focus on the small things and the big ones will just whiz right by ya!)

All is well, and the ground is beautiful, buried among all the leaves!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. We have a tornado watch now, here in Georgia, and I have a load of wet clothes in the dryer. Gotta go.

Anonymous said...

We had the storm too. I can't remember the last time we had rain and wind like that. But with the exception of a few branches, no problems. Glad you're doing well!! Gotta go and kiss some babies.

Anonymous said...

I guess our wind and rain will be here tomorrow. I can SO see James in action!

H said...

Can I come eat at your house?

Reading about your meals is so delicious! It's like reading "Pickwick Papers" by Dickens. Lots of yummy food in there too!

Hope John sleeps well tonight. Are his shoes by the edge of his bed?

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Amber dropped the kids off at her parent's house and we did a date night at home together - we don't usually eat like this...

Dinner
New York Strip Steak - pan seared - medium rare
Roasted green beans with garlic and pine nuts
Garlic mashed potatoes
Red Zinfandel (the "house" wine)

Dessert
Homemade apple pie
Decaf coffee

-Matt

Anonymous said...

Sweet James, what a protector! He's going to spend a lot of time in your hall if he does that every time there's a tornado watch! He'll get used to it by the end of next summer.

Anonymous said...

you know the power wont go out unless you have a washer full of clothes and youre cooking something. Are you all planning on getting a generator? Hope that a tornado didnt touch down by you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dy!
I read you daily, but rarely comment. I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in my blog today, and that I really do intend to look you up if I'm ever in your area.

Rebel
http://www.mindspring.com/~rebel_hart

Dy said...

Hey, Jennie, you got our tornado watch! I hope you're all well. (Melissa, hunker down and make soup! So far, it's just been all bluster - ugly, but benign.)

Anniesue, I have GOT to give you a call. Kiss that precious little T Willy - and Smidge says hi!

Matt, I'm glad you prefaced that with a disclaimer or you'd have all of us beating down your door! Hope you had a fantastic date night.

LOL Hillary. Dickens?!? And here, I thought you were alluding to my wordiness. ;-) Glad you clarified that. Do I need to read Pickwick? Probably, if there's good food in it. We love food.

Staci, he is sweet. And he probably will spend a lot of time in the hall. It's in his nature. He has since grilled his brothers on the difference between a "watch" and a "warning", and is hoping they'll launch the sirens just so they can be sure what the sound is like "from inside the house". :-S

Ang, yep, a generator is on the list. Down near the bottom since we have propane for the range and one oven, oh, and matches. :-)

Rebel, I would *love* it if you'd give us a call. Honestly, I would.

Susie, will do. Thank you so much.

Y'all make me smile. Well, and Matt makes me hungry.

Dy

Anonymous said...

You had me up until you said fresh salad! :)